Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a new pair of summer gloves. I'd like to stay $50 or less

Suggestions to look at ? Stay away from?

looking at Icon 29er and firstgear mesh-tex to name a few, but am open to whatever.

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
Loving these,

Speed and Strength Trial by Fire Gloves - RevZilla

If you look around you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere.. But, good protection, lightweight and vent like crazy.. I will be replacing these gloves with another pair when the time comes.. ;)

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
I still have a pair of Alpine stars that have done wonderful, they now are back up to a set of Joe Rockets I got on clearance, when your glove size is XXXL you can't be too picky, but both are great! I just bought some Olympia winter gloves that are nice, good quality!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
Summer Gloves ? Dam I cant think of that right now as its to dam COLD Out right now. !! ;P

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Uncle Mikes.

Cheeeeep.
Stretchy.
Wear like cast iron.

And if I lose 'em, it's like: $12 or so.

Every pair of $pendy gloves or $pendy sunglasses somehow went home with somebody else......so I quit buying them.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Buy a pair of kevlar/cop gloves. Order online or through police eqpt suppliers. Kevlar protection, way better value than mc specific.

Dingo.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Corazzo Velocitta

Velocitta Gloves - Corazzo Design

They seem to cater mostly to the scooter crowd so you don't hear of them much, but of all the gloves I've owned, I like these the best.

Tough and comfortable.

Yes, they come in black :wink:

Their customer service is good, too.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I use Mechanix gloves, just a few bucks at Wal-mart or your local parts store.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Harbor Freight is your friend. Western Safety has several styles, and you shouldn't have more than $10- $15 or so in them.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Some riders from Texas suggested to me that I try those yellow/tan doeskin work gloves from Tractor Supply. I wear them all summer and they never feel too hot. Not really designed for riding, but I love them. They run about $15 to $20.

·
Registered
607 Posts
the lightest gloves i wear are actually bicycle gloves from trek. made just like motorcycle gloves (extra padding on the knuckles and extra on the inside first and middle fingers for working brakes, or brake and clutch on a motorcycle), but lighter.

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
One of the reasons I suggested the gloves I did, is that they actually fit me .. My winter gloves required me to cut 3/4" off the thumb and sew it up (off the glove - not the digit :)) ...But, classically, when it comes to gloves, you will have slop on either thumb or pinky.. So, honestly, I would head into town between now and summer and try some gloves on before making any purchase online.

I won't be buying another pair of the Alpinestars winter gloves like you see me wearing in my avatar.. Even today, anytime I'm near a motorcycle gear store, I'll drop in to check out the gloves.. It's definitely worth your time to get a glove that fits, you'll be a lot more comfortable for it.. ;)

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
I use gloves from "Off the Shelf", $7 & up...
When it`s time to replace my riding gloves, I stop at nearly any lumber yard, hardware store or truckstop for replacement leather gloves that fit... These gloves get used ONLY for riding my motorcycles...
That`s just my preference ;)

EDIT >
As Mark B stated, a glove that fits is BEST!
I try on several pair and get TWO that fit to my liking...
I`ve selected two gloves from two different pair (usually stapled/fastened together)

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Some riders from Texas suggested to me that I try those yellow/tan doeskin work gloves from Tractor Supply. I wear them all summer and they never feel too hot. Not really designed for riding, but I love them. They run about $15 to $20.
^ that only I got mine at home depot, about 10.00, just retired the last pair after 9 yrs.

this is the pair I just retired and is an old pic, new pair of black and decker's don't have the extra palm strip though. In the old days they were just called trucker gloves.(i think)(maybe)
these pictured have been through a lot, been wet more times than you'd think and hung dry, used only for riding.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
^ that only I got mine at home depot, about 10.00, just retired the last pair after 9 yrs.

this is the pair I just retired and is an old pic, new pair of black and decker's don't have the extra palm strip though. In the old days they were just called trucker gloves.(i think)(maybe)
these pictured have been through a lot, been wet more times than you'd think and hung dry, used only for riding.

Yup, that's what I have. I've even thrown them into the wash and let them line dry. I figure if they can stand being soaked while riding they can certainly take the washing machine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I personally have the Twenty-Niner Gloves (Twenty-Niner Gloves | Motorcycle House) which I have bought like 7 months ago and it is pretty good I have to say as it keeps my hands good enough to drive my motorcycle in the summer, and as I see that you like the Icon gloves which would cost you under $50 I can suggest you these 2 gloves The Twenty-Niner Gloves and The Select Summer Glove Black (Select Summer Glove Black | Motorcycle House)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I wear the gloves God gave me all year round. In the winter i wear leather gloves for warmth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts