Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been needing a jacket for the warmer weather but haven't found one yet that I like for the money. Now everyone seems to have them on sale and was wondering if any of you have the POKERUN COOL CRUISE 2.0 jacket and if so, do you like? dislike? I've found it for $100-110, depending which site I order from. The $110 has free 3 day shipping, so probably the best deal.

any comments? thanks.
Ron

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Summer jacket...oxymoron. :-D

·
Registered
467 Posts
I ended up getting a street steel jacket with a mesh torso + skid plate that's reinforced around the elbows and shoulders ran about 130 or so, it's fine in 100+ weather then again some of the guys around work call me nuts for even getting on the bike at that point.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I told myself ff gloves and jacket if I'm getting back into ridding. My feeling is if my head survives I want my face and body to also. I bought a tourmaster draft off craigs list for 35.00. I've seen them for 69.00 new. My draft is in great shape but has no liner. I'm pretty sure it's just the shell of the air intake 2 without the liners which cost 169.00. It's great in the hottest weather, once going I'm very cool. The liners are 50.00 way to much. I'm using a fleece under it in the mornings low this morning was 56. It was a bit chilly but beats 50.00 for the liner. I also bought a coretech gx sport which has those zippered vents to keep you cool, I dont think that would keep you cool enough but also is waterproof and has a liner. I paid 79.00 for it from bike bandit however I think there was some price mistake because when i brought up my cart the next morning to buy it. it was 30.00 more. I called them and got it for 79.00. I'm set now for all 3 seasons here in CT.

If your looking for a jacket that keeps you cool tourmaster draft or air intake 2.

Check craigs list or ebay you can get a really good deal or search closeout motorcycle jackets.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got the Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 and it breathes nicely. It was $152.00 and it has a removable inner liner for rain. It looks similar to the one you are looking at but it comes with the shoulder and elbow armor and spine pad.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Fieldsheer high flow II. Had a neighbor go down while wearing one and jacket held up well considering what it went through and armor saved neighbors elbow. Great air flow as long as you are moving plus armor in elbow's, shoulder's and spine area. Rain liner isn't much but I'v never used it. Price about $80.00

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an Xelement brand jacket that is vented, armored, and has removeable liners. Got it from leatherup.com for $79.95. Well worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the suggestions, guys. I like to wear something to protect my arms from the sun and debris, etc, but it's too hot here for my denim jacket so I usually just wear a long sleeved T shirt. But for longer rides, I prefer a jacket.

I'll check out the ones suggested. I'm really interested in mesh, for the cooling effect.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,064 Posts
Tourmaster Draft is a good choice but finding one's size and color might be a challenge since they been on sale for over a year. Paid under $60 ea. for three of them last year.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
The tour master intake air 2 is worth the money. Thermal liner, rain liner no liner you have a true three season jacket that vents very well, is comfortable and has plenty of pockets for storage. From what my guy tells me, the Joe rocket Phoenix is nice as well, but for the extra 20 bucks the tour master will hold up better in the long run.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks bros. I was hoping to stay around 100 bills. I like the Xlement mesh but nobody has large in stock. I'm thinking of ordering a medium because who knows, without the liner it just might fit. The liner is going to get very little use anyway. When the weather turns cooler, I'll be wearing my leatherup.com leather jacket again.

I'll keep surfing a little longer. And Randy, the locals here carry the Tour Masters so I'll go check them out. Thanks for the tip.

I might wait until after the Ruidoso Rally in a few weeks because on the last day, the vendors have a fire sale. Taking my changes, I know, but I've made it almost through the summer without one again this year so what's the rush?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have this jacket and I love it. Breathes really well in the heat, fits just right, has some armor, and even has a removable liner for those cold mornings.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, I ordered the Xlement mesh jacket that was on sale for $69.95. It was not in stock but Leatherup.com emailed me a few days later and said they have it so I ordered it. Turns out they only had one size large so I got lucky. They said 1-3 days to process and probably a week to ship but I just ordered it on Tuesday and according to FedEX, it will be delivered tomorrow (Friday). Great service. Now, I hope it fits and I hope I like it. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got it

I've seen those jackets on Leatherup. There's not many reviews of the them I found. After you get your's could you post your review. There price points are very good.
I received the jacket today, which blew me away because when I placed the order I got the impression in would take 8-10 days. I ordered Tuesday and it arrived today. I inspected it pretty good and it looks to be well made. I ordered my usual size and it fits perfect. I have a leather Xlement that I bought last year, again my normal size and I like it very much and so I expected good things when I ordered the new jacket. There are numerous fitment adjustments, the CE armor is not even noticeable so I will leave it in. There are 4 pockets on outside and lots inside. Unfortunately you lose all but one inside pocket when you remove the zip out lining. Bummer for me because I'll not likely use the lining. I'll be wearing my leather jacket when it's cold. But the lining packs up small enough to keep in the saddle bag just in case I need it if I ride up to the mountains. I haven't ridden with it yet but when I do, I can critique it more.

Hope this helps.
Ron

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.