Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the fuel filter might be clogged after running this **** through it. It's only getting so much power no matter how much I gas it. I see 3 hoses going into the filter. Do I got to worry about gas coming out of the line once I unhook it. I did a search and only found filters with 2 attachments. Do you know where I can order one cheap from anyone?
Thank you ahead of time.
You guys are really a life saver.
Sorry if I catch on a little slow.
Hopefully I can become one of the elite motorcycle riders.
I think my bike is bad ass.
My friend says I'm gonna get all the tang now but I don't know about that.
January my rider test on this beast.
1994 Honda Shadow 1100

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Your fuel filter has has one line going into it and one out of it. Trace your fuel line to the filter from the petcock. The Shadow 1100C fuel filter is located under the engine just ahead of the swing arm. The Spirit from the diagram looks to be under the tank, but not sure. Purchasing a Honda service/shop manual will benefit you greatly now and in the future. Other things to consider is an air filter replacement, checking for wire harness air blockage around the air filter box intake and critter nests, new and properly gapped spark plugs and checking your petcock screens and filter. Those are the easy fixes, next comes pulling the carbs and giving them a thorough cleaning to rid them of the gum build up. Welcome to the forum and bike ownership.

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
I doubt it's your fuel filter. Takes a lot of crud and build up to clog it up. You PAIR valva mat actually be part of the problem.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,578 Posts
Sounds like you need to run more chit through it. Mileage and more background of the bike might be of some help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts