Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigger

well i guess that would solve that then huh? what about bolt on exhaust and a jet kit how much would that help ? our there any other bolt on mods that will increase power ? im new to the street bike world and this is my first bike .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,537 Posts
welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Ya can't beat size for power! usually cheaper in the long run. And Welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,045 Posts
Yeah, there's not much you can do to squeeze any noticeable power out of a Sabre. Outside of re-working the engine, yeah like the old saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,252 Posts
BIGGER BIKE!
I thought about a Sabre, then was talked out of it by a HD salesman he lost a sale but was honest, decided on the VTX 1300, that was the right move for me, I love it, Every one that I know that has one loves it!
Coop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,978 Posts
well i guess that would solve that then huh? what about bolt on exhaust and a jet kit how much would that help ? our there any other bolt on mods that will increase power ? im new to the street bike world and this is my first bike .
Welcome to the forum, the money spent on new exhaust and a jet kit will/could make it run just a hair better but not much on horsepower, being as you are a new rider, I would just recommend riding this one for awhile then determine what you might like to do, the 1100 as is stock will run out on the highway right up there with the big boys and cruise all day long from 65 to 80 mph without any trouble at all........be patient.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,795 Posts
Bob the bike out "if it don't make it go faster, take it the feck off". This could reduce weight as much as 15% resulting in a much better power to weight ratio. This 15% combined with 10% from the other mods you asked about will result in an increase of 25%. This is a significant increase you WILL feel. And look at the bright side, it's cheaper to remove parts than add new ones, and bobbers just look so cool anyways.

Here, I've posted a few to give you some inspiration. Bikes as small as 450cc's used to be considered big bikes in the days before we started treating them like cars and adding stereos and heaters.











 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top