Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Honda VF700C "Super" Magna
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for accepting me.

5 years ago, I bought a 1978 Honda VF700C "Super" needing a lot of fiddly jobs to get it back on the road.

Fiddly jobs brought on by previous owner's butchery (such as one of the carbs had been broken and "epoxied" back together!)

I wasn't looking at a cruiser at the time (I was into vintage off road bikes) but, now I've fixed this one and having heard of the Shadow along the way, I'm thinking of getting to know them a bit more.

I'm 74 now and interested in the Shadow as maybe a source of alternative spares and mods. A few "Super" owners talk about fitting Shadow wheels and brakes etc,

I now live in Western Australia (from UK) so spares for any of these bikes are a bit scarce!

As an engineer with full workshop facilities I can make most things fit!

Look forward to getting involved in the group.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
960 Posts
Howdy gongonone!

Sounds like the previous owner of your Super Magna may have been a mechanic at a dealership...

Anyway...as a shade tree mechanic, I think these Shadows are fairly simple and easy to work on. I have not had much of an issue finding replacement parts for my '03 VT1100C Spirit. Not that the bike has needed too many replacement parts. She'll be 20 years old this next July and has no mechanical issues whatsoever.

Good luck and happy shopping!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,572 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Sounds like you enjoy tinkering. These are fun to keep stock and fun to tinker with. Lots of mods can be done without hacking into the original parts so you can always go back to stock if or when you want to. My '01 Spirit 750 can go from Bobber style to short chop to a 2 up cruiser all within 1 to 4 hours of swapping out parts. Post some pics of your "super" when you can. we love pics.
Have fun, stay alert and ride often.

·
Registered
18,983 Posts
Welcome to the "Madhouse"
Our Gurus are GREAT!!!

I gotta 1997 750 MAGNA & LOVE it ! ! !

Lets RIDE JAN 1,
Dennis
Merry Christmas Y`all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts