Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the EPA is trying to force us into buying higher and higher concentration of ethanol in fuel. We all know the problems it can and has already caused. Let's stop it before it gets even worse.

Issues & Legislation

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
And for airplanes that are STC'd to run on mogas. We should have choices at the pumps for whatever type of gasoline our vehicles require... not for whatever will make the rich even richer. It's not like we can all of a sudden just change everything in our vehicles to make them work with whatever fuel is offered. Another way "they" are trying to determine and control our choices. Not cool.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I completely drive out of my way each week to fill up at the only station in town that offers ethanol-free gas. We simply cannot allow the powers that be to continue to push the higher-concentrations of ethanol fuel on us. My bike loves the corn-free stuff.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completely drive out of my way each week to fill up at the only station in town that offers ethanol-free gas. We simply cannot allow the powers that be to continue to push the higher-concentrations of ethanol fuel on us. My bike loves the corn-free stuff.
unfortunately there's NOWHERE around my area anymore that has ethanol free :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I can I buy ethanol free gas but most if the time it is 93 grade. I bought a bottle of sta-bil ethanol treatment and use it every time I fill up.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
When I was up in N. Illinois and Iowa the stations were mostly ethanol on 91 Octane. I had a chance to compare mileage both directions E-10 vs regular and I lost around 18-25 miles per tank of six gallons or between 8-10% on my mileage.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I live in NE iowa. I don't think i could find ethanol free if i tried.

I think the corn farmers here were hoping to become much like the sheiks of saudi. Can't blame them, but ethanol is crap. Plus it's really driving up the prices of alot of foods.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts