Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to ride with a jacket on. It must get warmer, this in the 70's stuff is just getting tiring.;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yeah, N. Coast is even worse. We have not had a real spring but a little cool and drizzle beats +100 temps under the broiler and +90% humidity. Living in the PNW makes us all moss covered wimps with web feet. Maybe TX will swap some wet for some warm.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I could hate you :D 100+ heat index here..... every day.....every day....

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Be glad. The rest of the country is inside a big oven. Our weather hasn't changed at all this summer - typical 90's with humidity to match.

The Midwest and Canada is getting killed with high temps and humidity.

Chris

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Just hush! I'm dreaming of below 90...temp and humidity!
Coop

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
it's miserable here in kentucky.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here where I live its been in the 90's with the heat index anywhere between 105 to 110 lately. I'd love to see the temps back in the 70's. >,>

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It was 97 degrees here today, with a heat index of 115.

I could hardly wait to get off of work this afternoon, and fire up that 96 cubic inch air cooled engine.

When I felt that first blast of real heat in my face, I thought, "Oh, yeah...Summer's here!"

If I had wanted to stay cool...I would have driven the car, and turned on the air. :shock:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
we've had a few days with temps around 26 to 28 deg C but normally it stays around the low 20s :-D
Took a ride to a local ocean beach the other day to cool off and just about had a heart attack...... air temp was 18 deg C and water temp 11 deg C, which will shrink all appendices instantly and permanently and will kill you within a few hours of exposure. No wonder the surfers all wore wet suits :shock:
Hopefully the water will warm up soon for a swim or two :p
Gotta love the Great White North :-D:-D

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I like the temps for riding in Nova Scotia. My hand guard and heated grips do little to dissipate high heat.

Its the consistent moisture that gets me....

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Had to ride with a jacket on. It must get warmer, this in the 70's stuff is just getting tiring.;)

Want some cheese to go with the whine, Tom?

Looks like you finally painted that ugly sombitch, too...'bout time, you lazy bastage....no, wait...you HAD to have had someone do it FOR YOU, since you are to busy eating all the time...

All Hail Thayter! King of The All You Can Eat Everything!!!

Whatta sissy....

Guess you couldn't pull your fat ass away from the buffet long enough to polish the wheels, either, could you?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
So get on a bird to OR. Tillamook County, land of cheese and ocean breeze....or is it wheeze and political sleaze....no, its bad knees and cow disease. Seriously, there is nothing here but ocean, mountains, tall trees, and roads that are mostly sweeps. Fantastic if you don't mind a little rain now and again.

Here is the view from Neahkahnie about two miles up the road from us, Nehalem Bay on the left, town of Manzanita below, Tillamook Bay jetty in the far distance- this place sucks....but come visit anyway.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Don't tell people from the South about the PNW. We don't need to clog the roads any more than they are.

Yesterday took a drive over Lolo Pass fron hwy 26 to Hood River. Got rained on on the way to the pass but it was beautiful once the clouds burned off a bit more.

Oregon may be cold but at least it's wet.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Go ahead and brag all ya'll want but in about another month, we'll start seeing posts on this board wanting advice on how to winterize a motorcycle whereas our riding season is just beginning - again! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
NOAA says it'll be 94 here today. Doesn't really gonna bother me. Hot, cold, humid,, screw it.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Had in, on and over 100F for two weeks and no rain here. I'll take it over the snow, ice and a$$ cold any day. :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
This has been the coldest summer in a long time. The interior of BC has had more rain then I ever remeber seeing. 20c today and thats warm compaired to yesterday. normally twice as hot.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Hate extreme heat!!! It's going up to 46C tomorrow. I will melt on my bike going to and from work but I will still ride. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
52˚ & raining when I got up today. Man, I could use some sun. Going on a 4 day boat trip to the Great White North starting Sunday. Sure hoping to see the sun.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts