Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the design/planning stage for customizing my 2003 Shadow VT750DCB and I got the stupid/brilliant idea to replace the tail lights and turn signals with a tall, slightly curved pair of lights from a Cadillac or GMC Yukon. I'd like to see a backrest for the bobbed seat with the lights running from the top of the backrest all the way down to the bottom of the bike in a sort of arched coffin / bat wing shape. I'm going to fabricate the metal for all that myself but it would be great if I could incorporate the light mounting needs from the get-go.

My concern is does the bike generate enough power to safely run these or would I be overtaxing things or risking a dead battery? I'm having a heck of a time finding specs on any of the lights themselves, and I would love any opinions on the possibility -or similar alternatives!- here.

My terrible judgement in aesthetics are not up for debate. I think it will match perfectly with the internally lit gold chrome full size unicorn skull on the front fender. I'm a little more confident in the wiring/mounting for that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bottle-fed? I'm at LEAST on soft foods now, sheesh.
I learned quick about the thermal relay conversion when one of my "original" front signals shorted at the base. I thought about upgrading to LEDs back then but it was too much hassle and the wiring too much a mess from the previous 3 owners. In quarantine furlough I took a good full day to strip all that out and rebuild it, chasing multi-colored splices with my multimeter. I'll do the relay itself when I do new lights.

I've scouted a few different sets of the lights for $250-400, I was just worried about spending that, finding it drew too much power for some reason and not being able to return it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.