1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped my 99 shadow for 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
I have a 55 miles ride home, interstate and backroads
The good:
POWER, this bike is wicked fast. I was shocked at how must faster this is than my bike. On the instersate 60 to 80 in 2 seconds, counting one one thousand, two one thousand, another 2 seconds to 100 and was at 110 in another count. So 60 to 110 in 5 seconds, all from 5th gear, I didn't try from forth to push it, that was enough for me.

BRAKES, Duel disk in the front, single in the rear. Awesome brakes, stops on a dime, not jerky, just smoth.

SEAT, It has a Corbin seat and even after the 55 miles home my butt was ok for another 100 miles no problem.

The bad:
SEAT POSITION,My wrists and hands hurt, bad, evan after a few miles I knew it was going to be a long ride home. I'm just too short for the bike and my arms are not long enough, so I guess this is not a fault of the bike, its just not for me. I was in a push up position the whole time. The rest of my body was fine, just elbows down sucked and my right hand actually started to fall asleep later in the trip.

To tall, I felt like I was on top of the bike, rather than sinking into the bike and becoming one with the bike if that makes sence. Even after the ride in this morning and 110 miles I never felt like the bike and I were 1. I felt like I was along for the ride. The bike sits high, I was able to see over most cars
SHIFTER, the shift lever was too short and tucked in. I actually ended up using the inside lip of the sole of my boot to shift

Overall its a very nice bike, just not for me. It was fun riding something else for bit just to appreciate my bike more. Tonight I'm going to forego the interstate and take a slow backroads ride home and enjoy the ride

Eric

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i've always liked the bandits. great machines.

·
Registered
619 Posts
those bandit's are nice bikes. i would love to have one, i'm not sure i would want it to be my only bike, but they are pretty neat. they do put out some power though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts