Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would deffinetly like to have a harley engine, for the sound and torque. just wondering if anyone has ever done such a thing or has any advice.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Although I'm sure it could be possible to put a harley/S&S engine in a honda, but not without some heavy modifications, and for the price, it's just easier to go get a Chopper frame and start from scratch.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would be more interested in putting a Honda engine in a hardley....for the sound and dependability! :p

Gonz

lol

·
Registered
539 Posts
Epic said:
it's just easier to go get a Chopper frame and start from scratch.
I am seriously considering that very thing for a future bike. I have seen good prices in various catalogs and I just need to take the time to list everything and tally up the cost. I've heard that you can do it for a fraction of what a new Harley cost.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just saw a Honda 1100 engine on ebay for $750 buy it now price... I wonder if that would fit in my 750 frame?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
silvershadow55 said:
I just saw a Honda 1100 engine on ebay for $750 buy it now price... I wonder if that would fit in my 750 frame?
NOT without a lot of serious modifications. To start with most of the 1100's are driveshaft, most of the 750's are chain drive.
Plus the 1100's have a bigger frame, so the engine mounts will not lign up.
People cut and chop, rig, and modify to build something that is different. I don't think I would chop, cut, and modifiy a 750 frame just to put an 1100 engine in it. You would end up with to small of a frame for the bigger engine. Just buy an 1100 (bigger bike) but I'm thinking if your that un-happy with your 750 crusier, then maybe you are in need of a bike with a better performance rating. I'm thinking of the ST1300?? MUCH better handling, a bunch more power.
MarkC

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey i was kidding about that... but thanks anyway. It would be MUCH easier (and probably cheaper) to go buy an 1100 than to try to modify my 750's frame.

G

·
0 Posts
Actually I applaud the thought process behind this. It is what keeps the spirit of hot rodding alive and well. That being said, most anything is possible, Buick 225 v6's shoved into the engine bays of early VW bugs, 455 Oldsmobiles show horned into Corvairs. Tommy Ivo ran a V8 in a bike long before there was such a thing as Boss Hawgs. So most anything can be done, it all depends on two criteria, how bad you want it, and how good are you at making it happen.

·
Registered
512 Posts
you guys need to start thinking on a larger scale...

VTX1800 engine with a shot of N2O... Or 1300 Busa motor stuffed into a shadow frame...

sorry, just a couple thoughts running through my head right now... I'm thinking about building some kind of bike for the 1/4 mile... I use to race my old camaro at the track and I sold it to buy a bike, now I'm getting that urge to race again... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Actually, I had some thoughts of putting a Valk drivetrain in my 1100 Shado when the engine wore out.......But that may never happen!!! I keep trying to wear it out, and truthfully, I think I will just go ahead and buy me a valk Interstate when I get stateside!!!-----Metalguy in Iraq :wink:

·
Registered
512 Posts
metalguy said:
I think I will just go ahead and buy me a valk Interstate when I get stateside!!!-----Metalguy in Iraq :wink:
I want an interstate bad... but the price has jumped up on them by about $3,000 around here...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I imagine a shop could fabricate a turbo setup but I don't know that the 750 engine internals could handle it.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Gonzo said:
I would be more interested in putting a Honda engine in a hardley....for the sound and dependability! :p

Gonz

lol

LOL.....................Now thats funny......:)

+ 2

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts