Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Need to hear from someone who has swapped all lights to led on an 05 sabre 1100...
At this point im planning on purchasing my 'bulbs' from superbrite leds.
Anything keeping this project from being a simple bulb swap???

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Make sure when purchasing your bulbs that they are the same, or close to, the size of the original bulb. Some bulb types they make the LED’s larger for even more light. I believe that S B LED included drawings of the bulb compared to the incandescent originals, just might have to look further in their description.

There is a good chance that if your bike has a single turn signal indicator that you will get “4-way flash” when you change the turn signal bulbs. If you have two indicators it may not happen. I am not familiar with your bike.

I found that when I changed mine that the LED bulb would not work properly with my low fuel indicator system. Again, don’t know if yours has this. The low fuel bulb is the only incandescent bulb on my bike.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Krash

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure when purchasing your bulbs that they are the same, or close to, the size of the original bulb. Some bulb types they make the LED’s larger for even more light. I believe that S B LED included drawings of the bulb compared to the incandescent originals, just might have to look further in their description.

There is a good chance that if your bike has a single turn signal indicator that you will get “4-way flash” when you change the turn signal bulbs. If you have two indicators it may not happen. I am not familiar with your bike.

I found that when I changed mine that the LED bulb would not work properly with my low fuel indicator system. Again, don’t know if yours has this. The low fuel bulb is the only incandescent bulb on my bike.

Eric

Saw some very big bulbs so was already aware of poss size issues. Think i have that delt with
And, i only have 1 turn indicator and no low fuel....

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Saw some very big bulbs so was already aware of poss size issues. Think i have that delt with
And, i only have 1 turn indicator and no low fuel....
Good deal.

You may want to explore the threads for the diode fix for the four way flash fix. It is not hard, a few diodes, solder, and shrink tubing and you will be good to go.

Eric

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good deal.

You may want to explore the threads for the diode fix for the four way flash fix. It is not hard, a few diodes, solder, and shrink tubing and you will be good to go.

Eric

Hummm. So ya think this will be more involved than just an electronic flasher unit?
Suppose there are bullet connectors somewhere that i could make some plug-and-play diode kits.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Hummm. So ya think this will be more involved than just an electronic flasher unit?
Suppose there are bullet connectors somewhere that i could make some plug-and-play diode kits.
It possible, but a lot more work than cutting a couple of wires and soldering in some diodes.

Eric

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,013 Posts
I did it on my spirit. It was easy. Dunno if your bike is the same. Superbrightleds.com has a diode kit already made just cut the bulb wires and patch the kit in. Make sure to leave yourself enough wire on the bulb socket to connect to. Once you see the illustration and directions you'll be fine.

Reactions: Krash
1 - 9 of 9 Posts