Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics from a sweet canyon ride today. Butterfield canyon, with my son on his Yamaha XS1100 and then my wife and me on the VT1100.

Very nice ride. . . Heading up the canyon

Canyon is getting tighter (Butterfield gets VERY tight)

Near the top - notice the drop-off (more of that to come)

View from the top - that is the Kennecott Copper Mine in the distance

Another view from the top. . .

Some flora at the top (we took a little hike)

Now we have to go back down. Notice how this narrow road has a cliff on one side and a rock wall on the other. YES, this is a 2-way road. One must take it slow and watch for cars coming the other way!!!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Nice pics Duods! Is that the canyon that goes from West Jordan to Tooele?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pics! thanks for sharin'! glad ya had a great time!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also have a son with a xs1100. Did yours go to the rally that group had in Drango Co?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice pics! Those roads look like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pics Duods! Is that the canyon that goes from West Jordan to Tooele?
Yes, that's the one, I think it actually goes from Herriman to Tooele, off state road 111, but it is only paved to the top of the on the Herriman side, not all the way to Tooele. The rest is dirt. Some of it is very steep and most of it is narrow and very twisty. The turns freak my wife out a little.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have a son with a xs1100. Did yours go to the rally that group had in Drango Co?
No, he didn't go to the rally (but I heard about it). He has only had his XS1100 for a couple months. We found the bike listed on our local online classifieds (KSL.com classifieds) and it was so clean he couldn't pass it up. He is still trying to figure out how he wants to customize it. :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice pics! Those roads look like a lot of fun.
They would be really fun if you knew that you were the only one on there. Most who drive it are ultra-cautious, but there are always those that are less than courteous and put everyone at risk. Watching out for those makes you pucker a little while going up and even more when you are coming down.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I enjoyed your photos.
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts