Honda Shadow Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice Job

My bike it completely torn down waiting for a Tig Welder to come by and do crankcase repair this morning, fingers crossed.. I've been into electronics for years and there is a cleaner called PURETRONICS Electrical Cleaner and Lube, which is light years above cheaper brands ..It's all I use ... Lasts Forever .. All these LED LIGHT Stuff are new to me altho I do run LED RUNNING LIGHTS & STOP LIGHTS inside the turn signals... but they've come out with alot more stuff I am interested in but havent had time to check out. all this bike maint is cutting into my guitar playing time also .... Thanks for the tip . am gonna do an ALL OVER THE BIKE when putting back together as it's coming up on 10 years .. ( 2004 1100 Sabre)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was having blinker troubles on my '89 VT 1100 and cleaned the switch a number of times. Seemed to happen more when the temps got down under 50. I read on this Forum about the blinker relay being a mechanical switch of some kind that operated on heat which would lead to failure during cooler times. I finally bought a solid state electronic flasher at www.superbrightleds.com that cost all of 8.95 plus 2.00 shipping that simply plugged in where the old mechanical unit was, and since then, not a bit of trouble. The unit I bought is the LF1-S-Flat Universal Flasher. the old one had three wires, but the new only two and it simply plugs right into the existing wire harness. Easy squeezy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the write-up on this. I was not having any issues, other than turn signal seemed a little gummy. I tore them all apart this morning and used electronic contact cleaner, thin dielectric grease on contact, and greased lightly where everything slides. Difference in turn signal switch is like night and day. It actually has a click to it instead of mush! haha!

·
Registered
62 Posts
From my understanding, I need electrical contact cleaner along with dielectric grease? And I user it to clean the guide and pivot points? Great write up by the way!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.