Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a set of driving lights and have all the wiring tucked nice and neat in wire loom. My problem is how to mount the switch! The lights came with a lighted rocker switch with a black plastic mounting piece but it's open in the back. I've searched the hardware and auto stores in the area for something that I could adapt but as of yet I haven't found a nything that will work. Anybody have any suggestions, ideas.

Ron

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was flipping through the JP Cycles catalog the other day and they have a switch housing made to go on the brake master cylinder. Looked pretty slick.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Look for motorcycle-specific switches at jcwhitney or similar, I have seen a nice looking set of 3 in one chrome case but don't remember where. You'll find a use for the other two switches eventually, for heated grips or the like.

*edit* that one Beowolf mentioned is what I saw! I think I saw it in jcwhitney though. Do a price check.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
pastor,
I simply mounted mine on the plastic neckpiece by the tank. Drill a hole, put in your switch and voila, problem soved.
Nice and easy.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Sasquatch said:
pastor,
I simply mounted mine on the plastic neckpiece by the tank. Drill a hole, put in your switch and voila, problem soved.
Nice and easy.
Sas has teh right idea. Just be sure you put it on the left side so you can reach up and flip it on/off while keeping your right hand on the throttle...

I have installed a few that way. I haven't found any switch I really like yet for bikes. The three in on on the brake master is okay but I have heard the wiring is not up to higher amperage. Be sure if you are using that method to install a relay and use the switch to trip the ground on the relay instead of running the light's power through the switch.

Gonz

·
Registered
622 Posts
I purchased the famed Gonzo Wiring Harness and connected the relay into the low beam circuit. That way they were always on except when I ran the high beams.

Bruce

·
Registered
31 Posts
Switch

This is the switch that I got from Scoot Works. I wired it into the ground side of the relay that I got from Gonzo. Works great and looks good on my handlebars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts