Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
They hit you right? So the repair cost is on them. I don't think you are going to be able to disassemble that shock. When the repair is done, ask for the old part and then take it apart. Or do the replacement yourself and then take it apart. Either way, I would replace it. Have the bike looked at for any hidden damage. Hope the cager has insurance and good thing that is all that happened and that is not a picture of your leg.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Covers can be cut and removed, I have never done it. @Aced It here has, it was in a thread he did, can't remember which one tho. But, not sure both ends can be cut, I think only the top.
But as was said, let them buy you a new set, progressives:)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
✔All the above

( general merriment, seasoned with unabashed sarcasm )

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
As has been said,,,Have the whole bike checked very good, replace those shocks.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
412's work well if you weigh 150# and don't haul a passenger.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Might work fine.
Have owned 2 sets of 412's, each less than a year old, on 2 different bikes....and can tell you: they are not a nickel's worth better than OEM if you are heavier....and especially if you often haul a passenger.
Better off with OEM shocks, IMO.
The 444 Progressives would make more people happy, IMO.

I am 265#, and my frequent Redhead passenger weighs 150 but when we meet, DO NOT mention I posted her weight here.

My OEM shocks are set on '4'.
If we were hauling luggage, I'd crank em up to 5.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Might work fine.
Have owned 2 sets of 412's, each less than a year old, on 2 different bikes....and can tell you: they are not a nickel's worth better than OEM if you are heavier....and especially if you often haul a passenger.
Better off with OEM shocks, IMO.
The 444 Progressives would make more people happy, IMO.

I am 265#, and my frequent Redhead passenger weighs 150 but when we meet, DO NOT mention I posted her weight here.

My OEM shocks are set on '4'.
If we were hauling luggage, I'd crank em up to 5.

More incriminating evidence,,,>:)

I think I will stay with stock,,,,,they are $$$!!!:surprise:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Covers can be cut and removed, I have never done it. @Aced It here has, it was in a thread he did, can't remember which one tho. But, not sure both ends can be cut, I think only the top.
But as was said, let them buy you a new set, progressives:)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the mention Coop :)

I cut the covers on my ACE a few years back, simply for looks: http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/123375-turn-your-blah-ace-shocks-into-hot-rod-springers-free.html

I do miss that bike. But I love my VLX. :)

Oh, and welcome new guy!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
412's work well if you weigh 150# and don't haul a passenger.

If you are heavy or load the bike go the heavy duty models....

I went std 412 on one bike and it worked a treat... ran on 3 and 5 with pillion and gear

went 412 HD on the other and they were to stiff, ended up replacing them with std weight 444 and they are great :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Leathel
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing