Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentlally purchased a 2004 Shadow 1100 Sabre... I love the bike so far, but it drives me NUTS not having a tach.. Not sure if its cause im new to bikes or whatever the reason is. Anyone ever install one? Not sure how difficult it is, or if anyone is aware of a kit that may be available?
\
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
815 Posts
Put this bikers choice tach on my 08 Aero 750. Doesn't come with a mounting bracket so i used an old 1" windshield handlebar mount. Hook up was simple, has a nice blue light for low light times and works well. Price runs from $59. to $69.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i knew i joined this forum for a reason! All links look very helpful. I will decide which route i want to go, and ill post pictures when im done!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like that as well, wonder if you can get it in black or spray it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Also not sure on this:

THIS MINI TACH WILL WORK ON ANY V-TWIN WITH A DUAL FIRE IGNITION!!

Will that work on the new 2011 Phantom?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If by dual fire they mean wasted spark (fires every cycle) then yes it should.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been searching for a good deal on a tach for the last few days, and finally found this one:

Bikers Choice Custom Mini Tachometer - Mechanical 72116

Now this one says it is mechanical, but most of the how-tos on this site look electrical...will mechanical work on a Shadow??

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I have been searching for a good deal on a tach for the last few days, and finally found this one:

Bikers Choice Custom Mini Tachometer - Mechanical 72116

Now this one says it is mechanical, but most of the how-tos on this site look electrical...will mechanical work on a Shadow??
Mechanical in this instance simply means that it is not digital. This one is electrical hook up. Just hook the wires up properly and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think by saying mechanical they mean it has clock dial instead of an LED readout.
That was my initial thought, so I bought it, but then I saw a few pics and it looks like the mechanical ones have some weird cable instead of regular wiring. Guess we'll see what I get lol. The good thing is it was only $38 shipped.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mechanical in this instance simply means that it is not digital. This one is electrical hook up. Just hook the wires up properly and you'll be good to go.
Ok sweet. Thanks for easing my mind, guys lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts