Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shadow came with these led tail lights one side is out. The leds make these squiggly circles, sorry don't exactly know how else to describe it. I took the bulb out and it's a 1157. I believe it has 12 led's on it.

Does any kind of 1157 work?
Where do you guys get your bulbs there's a million site out there.
Does the bulb make the lines or is there some kind of oscillation unit that someone out in?
Should i get white or red lights?
I've had the bike less than a month it's a 96.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
take an 1157 bulb out from one of your front turn signals and plug it into the tail light, and see for yourself. That's just to make sure the LED won't play havoc on the incandescent bulb sharing the same circuit. Easy, easy, with the two screws holding the front signal lens. Press and turn the screw driver firmly, but easy easy out. Incidentally, OEM tail lights use slightly higher wattage 1157 bulbs than front turn signals.

·
Registered
134 Posts
take an 1157 bulb out from one of your front turn signals and plug it into the tail light, and see for yourself. That's just to make sure the LED won't play havoc on the incandescent bulb sharing the same circuit. Easy, easy, with the two screws holding the front signal lens. Press and turn the screw driver firmly, but easy easy out. Incidentally, OEM tail lights use slightly higher wattage 1157 bulbs than front turn signals.
aren't the rears 1156?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses,

both bulbs in the tail light are 1157 led's. They light up red and the led's make a pattern. Are you guys saying that they came from the factory?

Each bulb has 12 or so leds embedded into it just for clarification red in color.

i've some looking and see both ones that light up red and ones that light up white.

will any of them do?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the pic,

yes it's a double tail light the good one blinks red.

By the way i want to change the plugs I've read most use ngk is there a pitcular kind and where is the best place to get them.

Thanks for all the help so far

·
Registered
6,045 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yikes 60.00 for tail lights i should of known as my car headlights were about the same. I so wanted a jacket and some magnum boots to. do motorcycles run on banana peels

I found the plugs, so i was reading on another thread about using anti seize, google'd it and don't you know they make a boat load of products,, do you use it and if so which one should I be getting.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
yikes 60.00 for tail lights i should of known as my car headlights were about the same. I so wanted a jacket and some magnum boots to. do motorcycles run on banana peels

I found the plugs, so i was reading on another thread about using anti seize, google'd it and don't you know they make a boat load of products,, do you use it and if so which one should I be getting.

Thanks
what are you referring to?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Here is the link to the thread about anti seize

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/110927-changing-plugs.html

The bulbs I have now I guess are factory as the honda dealers carry them. Your really sold on those radiantz, quality lasts longer in the end.
those bulbs did not come factory. You can use standard 1157 bulbs if you want. IMO, you can't be seen enough from the rear, that's why all my bikes have had some kinda bright bulbs in them.

I use anti seize on all plugs I install. Just a lil on the threads is all you need. Be careful not to get any on the electrodes.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.