Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals…
Just got back the other night from Robbinsville NC as my girlfriend and neighbor rode our bikes…mine an 06 Shadow Aero 750…his an 02 Suzuki Intruder 800.
We did the Tail Of The Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiners 28, and a few other rides. Had mostly great weather…a few rain spells. My Aero ran like a top. We were two up…fully loaded saddle bags…tank bag …and another bag tied to the back rest. For those who don’t know, the Tail is an enclosed road in NC that has 318 curves in 11 miles. It’s no joke. There have been numerous injuries and yes deaths on this stretch of road. People on bikes and cars come from all around to challenge the Dragon. The Aero handled it great…TWICE!! My advice if you want to do it is do it during the week. Most of your ‘crotch rocketeers’ come out during the weekends. Watch your speed…speed limit in the Tail is 30. Several of your turns will be LESS than 30 let me tell you! It was a blast and the other rides were great as well.
Can’t say enough for my BLACK BETTY. She got well over 45 mph FULLY loaded!!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Post more pics and/ or a video link when you can (y)

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
We were there in 2017 with several others from the forum. Had a great time. Lots of good roads to ride and lots of great scenery.

It’s getting time to go back,,,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you ever get near western Arizona you should try out the devils ride on old rout 666 through Morenci AZ. max speed through the 40 miles of switch backs is 15 to 20 and if you don't heed it you end up at the bottom of the canyon cause there are NO guard rails but the view and the smell of the oak and pine forest is to die for. We do it every year at least once. One tip don't do it in July or august we did it first week of July high temp of the day was 112

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I used to ride the Tail of the Dragon almost every year. I'd often make several trips up and down it's length each time...I've lost count of how many.
Last year, the year of the Covid, I didn't go because the campgrounds were closed. This year, I just never had the chance to get away.
I'll have to make up for it next year. ;)

For those who've never been there, even setting the Dragon aside, it's a great area to visit all on it's own.

Reactions: "Captain D"
1 - 20 of 23 Posts