Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
What does the heat from the pipes do to the bags? I would be a little worried about that. They do look good though.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,148 Posts
I dunno if I like the look of the bigger bags. I agree with Hamhock about the heat from the pipes.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't think will be a problem. There are 100s of Harley's with stretched saddlebags and the pipes are hiding inside the saddlebags with out a problem.
I haven't build the bags yet.. I like the looks of the stretched bags.. I don't know… I'm not a "cholo" lol. I just like them..
I have a beautiful Harley motorcycle , But I love the quality of my Shadow, and I want to give her a nice make-up..

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,888 Posts
I sort of like the look as if they were fender skirts on the old 1950's cars. Classic.

But not as a deep storage area with the pipes going through them. Just not sure about that.

Reactions: h13man

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think the stretched bags look great. They don't add too much storage, but look better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bad, I didn't explain it very well…. The storage in the original bags are not going to change , the bags are going to stay the same. Im just going to add a piece of plastic on the bottom to make it look like its been stretched .
To do that Im thinking of making a mold using halfway of the original bags, then use the mold to make the stretching part.
Well, this is my theory..
In other words, the bottom part is going to be a fake and empty on the inside. The pipes are going to go though.

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
Go with it. You can't have too much bag space. I'm looking at hard bags and i'm going to go as large as will fit and not look out of place. My conundrum is that with the trunk, they have to either side open or have removable lids. A top folding lid of a larger bag won't clear the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,420 Posts
My bad, I didn't explain it very well…. The storage in the original bags are not going to change , the bags are going to stay the same. Im just going to add a piece of plastic on the bottom to make it look like its been stretched .
To do that Im thinking of making a mold using halfway of the original bags, then use the mold to make the stretching part.
Well, this is my theory..
In other words, the bottom part is going to be a fake and empty on the inside. The pipes are going to go though.

Yep, I get it. If that's the look you want, then by all means do it! I think it will look great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have an old 2000 VT1100T and Im thinking to make some changes in the saddlebags, I like to have screeched saddlebags because the original ones are to small..
Guys let me know… what you think about this changes..

For some reason I'm just not feeling it, Just look like an after thought, just too big and bulky looking for my taste...

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,746 Posts
3 yr. old thread but... :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The other problem I see is I have had the mufflers drag on my T a few times, I'm thinking one curve at speed is going to remove your bag extensions.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,746 Posts
The price of a set of Tourer bag's, this isn't something I would do. Besides there so many HD's with this look, I'd rather keep the T stock as its a good looking setup on its own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts