Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From picture takin' that is. It's been a little over a year now since I started posting pictures from my rides. My goal was to try and capture a glimpse of the beauty I see around me when I ride. I've got close to 500 pictures posted on my website and I've covered all four seasons. I think it's time to take a break and just enjoy the ride. I'm still planning to contribute my witt and wisdom :wink: to the forum, and I'm going to keep riding every day that I can. I'm just going to give the camera a break and enjoy the ride. Just in case you all were wondering.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
590 Posts
John, I , for one will miss your pictures. I have sent them to a lot of folks to let them enjoy as much as I have. I understand your feelings and hope that someday you will resume your pictures. Ride on. :wink:

·
Registered
544 Posts
i hope you pick it back up again later when your camera gets lonely :wink:

thanks for sharing your rides with us via the camera!! i love your pics john!!!!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I can surely understand the need to take a break, setting up all those great shots takes a lot of time away from riding.

Going to miss the pics, but ride-on and enjoy, and if you get a random shot while you are taking a lunch break or fuel stop and feel like posting it, I am certain it will be much appreciated.... :wink:

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Geez, man, how hard is it to push that little button?:lol: But I know what you mean -- it's hard to do justice to both riding and picture-taking. Every time I see a nice scene and think about stopping that impulse is immediately followed by the thought that a better picture is probably just around the corner or over the hill. That, of course, usually leads to no pix at all. When I do take pictures it's usually on a route I'm repeating so I know what I want to snap.

But don't nap too long. You have an obligation to our scenery-challenged brothers and sisters in the east to show them what they are missing. :wink:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just want to say thank you for all the pictures you've share. Have enjoy each and everyone of them. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
John, without ever having met you I've learned you have two gifts; the first is wisdom and the second is photography. When you posted your pictures on the board, I could clearly see both. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the ride but if you see something out on your rides that just begs to be captured....please share it with us :wink:

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Maybe you can teach Favre how to retire gracefully.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey Sanoke, how about moving to NorCal and start the photo shooting :?: 8)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Spirited said:
John, I , for one will miss your pictures. I have sent them to a lot of folks to let them enjoy as much as I have. I understand your feelings and hope that someday you will resume your pictures. Ride on. :wink:
John, after I posted this I started to think, RARE", that with your eye for great pictures that you will still take a shot once in awhile, so don`t try to snow, no pun intended, us to think that you have put your camra away for now. Please when you see a "SHOT" take it and share. :) Best to you.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,379 Posts
John

Every time I go out I think 'camera'. And then I think 'Oh, the hell with it' because I can't be arsed to stop and twiddle about with my camera when I could still be riding.

Plus Norfolk is pretty flat and boring and full of cages. So when I do find a photo opportunity you can bet some nob in a cage will drive by at the point of taking the shot!

However, I propose to take lots of pix when we hook up later in the year.

Collector

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Sanoke,
It is a well deserved break and enjoy your rides my friend. You have some of the best riding country in the states and you captured alot of what we appreciate about it. >PD<

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I will continue to take my camera along and if I see something I just can't pass up, I'll definately take a pic and share it. I would imagine that once spring comes and I get back up into the high country, there will be shots just begging to be taken.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks for the pics John. Now its time that the rest of us help out and post some "Sanoke Style Photos"

Bruce

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
sanoke said:
I think it's time to take a break and just enjoy the ride.
Well, I for one don't like this new development. No sir, I don't like it ... not one bit. I won't stand for it. We had an understanding, Sir ... you would ride in all weather, in any condition, to any place, and take pictures -- that's the agreement we had.

I must protest! In the strongest possible terms.

:)

Just kidding, of course. I understand exactly. Often what starts out as a pleasure becomes, in some small way, an obligation or a distaction. So go out with or without your camera ... enjoy the ride ... and snap a picture only if you want to do so, for yourself.

You have a gift, good sir -- a keen eye for composition and lighting. When you feel refreshed, please do share again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts