Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to give my '02 750 ace a bit of a chopper look. i figured why not take off the front fender? i took it off in a couple of moments and it looks nice but my question is about the safety of not having a front fender. when im riding, whether it be town or highway, will there be a bigger chance of rock/debris flying up and hitting me? could there be future damage to my engine? thanks~

·
Registered
82 Posts
there is another topic within the last day or two on this, I had my front fender taken off my sportster when I was getting my paint done on my tanks and I tell you what I have never been hit more in my face with water and rocks! Also Honda's have a radiator in the front wich needs the protection from the flying debri.

·
Registered
225 Posts
upside of removing the front fender of an ACE over doing so on a harley.....

the radiator catches most of the crap that would hit you instead....

of course.....that's also the downside.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Nothing. If you have an angle grinder.

Mark your current fender where you want it, and start cutting. Finish up the edges with a file, and paint it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Look on ebay..stock ACE fenders go for about $60-75 depending on condition. Then you can cut it up and if you don't like it, you still have the original.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Just speakin' from experience here...

you buy another fender, you cut it up.
You put your stock fender in the corner of the garage, with the intention of "putting it back on someday".. and it gathers dust for years. During that time, you paint your bike, and eventually come to the realization that now the pristine fender that you saved for "sale" of the bike no longer matches. So you hold onto it, cuz you "never know what it might fit" in the future.

And eventually your garage is floor to roof in castoff parts.

Your experience may vary. But I'm guessing not. :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
rat said:
And eventually your garage is floor to roof in castoff parts.
funny 'cause it's true. I keep saying I'll sell them off, but some how it never happens (hey one day I might need some stock grips, or bars, or pegs, or gauges, or old shocks, or that tank . . . )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.