12,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United States Marine Corps. IRAQ.

Saturday, February 5, 2011 8:52 AM

"Capt.Michael Scholl" <[email protected]*********>

To:
undisclosed-recipients

Dear Associate,

How are you doing my friend? I guess great… Now I know this mail will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but please kindly take your time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will probably go a long way to determine my future and continued existence. First, let me introduce myself. I am Capt. Michael Scholl, assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force, Western Anbar Province in Iraq. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $10,570,000 (Ten million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand USD) to the States or any safe country, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY: Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein's several old presidential palace during a rescue operation and it was agreed by all parties present that the money be shared amongst us. This might appear as an illegal thing to do but I tell you, no compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this gaddemn hellhole. The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid; before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative. I have now found a secured way of getting the package
out of Iraq for you to pick up.

I do not know for how long I will remain here, as I have been lucky to survive two suicide bomb attack by pure divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then endeavor to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

For more details please contact me via my private box:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I got one from a FBI agent the other day on FBI letterhead and I tried forwarding it to them and they wanted me to fill out 5+ pages of info before I sent it so I just deleted it.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just find it freaking hilarious. I remember the first one I got back in '96 or so (ahh...the good old days...) and laughed so hard when I got that one, people thought I was stroking out.

The Lads of Lagos...

I just couldn't believe that they are now pretending to be US Service Personnel. So, with nothing to do today, I went in search of Scambaits and came across several that had me laughing so hard that I almost DID stroke out. Long reads, but funny as watching a one-armed paper hanger, so if you got time to kill, read on end enjoy:

SCAMORAMA
Scam o Rama
Scam o Rama

And, my personal favorite:

SCAMORAMA

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I wished I had the time to screw with a few of them. But after reading some of the scambusters correspondence I can see it is time consuming.

I would rather spend that time pestering all of you. :)

Still it would be fun. :)

Chris

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Almost makes me want to say, if you fall for it, you deserve to be taken to the cleaner :shock:
Well, I surely hope that your parents or some elderly person that you know and care about never falls for one of these scams. These a$$holes ruin peoples lives and no one deserves that,especially the elderly. They just don't have time left in their lives, like I do, to recover from an error in judgment.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Agree that these scumbags should be wiped out, however, we all are responsible to use common sense and what most of these fraudsters are asking, just defies common sense.
BTW, I could now be considered elderly and I would not fall for something like that even 20 years from now.
But then again, I don't trust people that I don't know and even some that I know :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts