Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
There has not been nor will there ever be enough money printed to get me to do that. I would have wet myself on the elevator ride up.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
In the words of actor Will Smith (his trademark line in all his movies...)

OH H.E.L.L. NO!!!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
413 Posts
This was the view from my office last week. Probably this week as well. While not the same I think it is pretty spectacular. I never get tired of looking at this! South of Spanish Forks, Utah.

I was looking out of this! The view from my "office" window is never the same two days in a row. Nevada desert west of Well somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Donner Pass

Eastern edge of the Badlands in South Dakota.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Heh, I used to climb tower, but nothing more than 400 feet. That was insane enough.

What the video doesn't show you is how much unpredictable wind there is up there. it also doesn't' capture how the entire tower sways as you shift your weight on it! Picture standing in a canoe, at the top of that tower!

--Justin

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I used to rock climb and would get a cumulative case of the willies at about 100' off the ground even when I was top-roping knowing that if I fell I'd only go about 3'...

That's nutz...but someone's gotta do it I guess.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I used to rock climb and would get a cumulative case of the willies at about 100' off the ground even when I was top-roping knowing that if I fell I'd only go about 3'...

That's nutz...but someone's gotta do it I guess.
LOL

I've done both Rock and Ice Climbing, including lead climbing. (Many years ago.) I've also done such things as Sky Diving. I have no fear of heights.

That being said it would take a lot of convincing to get me up on that tower.

Cat

·
Registered
789 Posts
When I was with Motorola, we had tower crews. Nothing that high, but we had mountains under our towers. As a field engineer, I was only allowed up 100 feet. I never climbed that high, usually less than 40 feet. Tower crews are insane! Back then (80s & early 90s) they got $1/ft hazard pay for everything over 50 ft, IIRC. Not enough money for me, but like I said, they're crazy. I've seen them rappel to get down!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had to shut off the video as I was getting dizzy sitting at my desk!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Back in the 80's I worked the windmills near Livermore CA .
120 foot straight up! Then I would stand out on the wings.
What a rush! Now, **** no!

Phillip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts