Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a whole lot of good riding here in Pinellas. Too much traffic and how many times can you ride up and down Gulf Blvd?

I'm looking for some good roads to enjoy the ride on. So tell me where you like to ride. Ive ridden to brooksville and looped back down to San Antonio. Up to Cedar Key and a little bit south of Pinellas out by Parrish.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I usually head north. North on Mcmullen booth rd to trinity, cut thru trinity to hwy 54 and take 54 to zhills. Take the 54 bypass until it runs into 98, take 98 to 471, 471 to hwy 50 and east on hwy 50 into groveland. take 19 left thru howey in the hills over to mount dora. 19 intersects 27 and from there if you turn right, there is a winery that gives tours 6 days a week. 27 to the left takes you to leesburg. The leesburg bikefest is coming up next month as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like to ride to Fort Desoto. Also ride over the Skyway on a Sunday on a clear day. I have ridden over toward Frostproof a few times via Hwy 60. once you get out of Valrico, there's very little traffic.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Hey guys pinellas is a tough place to ride. So i head north most times i meet a bunch of guys at the hess station on 50 near 75 and ride north. Lake and sumtner counties for the most part.
Also a nice ride is to webster for the swap meet once a month.
As always have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spitfire said:
Hey guys pinellas is a tough place to ride. So i head north most times i meet a bunch of guys at the hess station on 50 near 75 and ride north. Lake and sumtner counties for the most part.
I rode out east of Parrish a couple of weeks ago. We went to a place called Solomons Castle and had lunch then rode back. A friend told me the love bugs are getting bad around that area now.

Where is the swap meet in webster?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Scanogram said:
spitfire said:
I rode out east of Parrish a couple of weeks ago. We went to a place called Solomons Castle and had lunch then rode back. A friend told me the love bugs are getting bad around that area now.

Here is a link to info on it.
http://cyclemeet.com/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hunter58 said:
Scanogram said:
spitfire said:

Here is a link to info on it.
http://cyclemeet.com/
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Up around Dade City just north of hwy 52. Beautiful rolling hills and backroads to explore all the way up into Hernando County.
Also like to ride down to Ft. Desoto Park.
Wife and I rode over to Cocoa Beach had brunch and rode back a couple of Sundays ago.
Over to Lakeland for breakfast and back to Dade City on the back roads.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I go up
41 to
erin cut off to (good road)
52 to
Bellamy brothers rd to (good road)
right Hayman rd ( nice hills and banked turns)
left on spring lake hwy
left on powell rd (careful on the train tracks, Great road hills and turns)
then i go out cortez pass Weeki Wachee
and go through roads i cant remember the names of
its a great ride 100 mile or so
i did it today and got cought in the puring rain, twice!

·
Registered
448 Posts
eSnake said:
I go up
41 to
erin cut off to (good road)
52 to
Bellamy brothers rd to (good road)
right Hayman rd ( nice hills and banked turns)
left on spring lake hwy
left on powell rd (careful on the train tracks, Great road hills and turns)
then i go out cortez pass Weeki Wachee
and go through roads i cant remember the names of
its a great ride 100 mile or so
i did it today and got cought in the puring rain, twice!
I'm riding that area a lot. We'll have plan a ride, when the darn rain stops for a while.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sounds good. This rain needs to ease up sme though. I live off Bruce B Downs & S.R 56 (New Tampa). Let me know I have been on a few of those roads and it is great riding.

·
Registered
232 Posts
anollmann said:
I'd be interested in a ride anytime! I'm in Oldsmar, just got my hands on a 93 VT1100
What do you mean "got your hands on". I've been missing a 93 VT1100 for six weeks now....

Just kidding.
When I moved to Oldsmar there was just 1 flashing light. No stop lights.
It changed a little since then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.