Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just some adhesive. Most people 'saw' them off with some fishing line and then clean up the leftover with GooGone or something like that...

·
Registered
151 Posts
It depends on the type of emblem. If it's behind the clear coat then you're screwed. If it's anything like my ACE emblem, it's attached with double sided tape and can be easily removed using floss. It helps to heat up the area (I used a blow dryer) to soften the tape first, then a gentle sawing motion did the trick. There will probably be some tape left over, also easily removed using some polish and a soft rag.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You didn't say what year your Spirit 1100 is...so the answer is tough.

If you have a raised emblem...then it is easily removed with fishing line or dental floss and use goo gone or wd40 on a soft cotton rag to remove the residue.

If the emblem is flush with the tank...then you have a harder time of it. You could try to pick at one end of it and if it easily comes up...you can use a hair dryer to warm up the glue and peel the label off. You can then use the goo gone or wd40 on a soft cotton rag to remove the residue.

If you can not peel up an edge...then you are really screwed because it means the emblem is under a layer of clear-coat and the only way to remove it is to get the tank repainted.

Hope this information helps.

Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dan said:
Just some adhesive. Most people 'saw' them off with some fishing line and then clean up the leftover with GooGone or something like that...

true........ use a hairdryer to heat up the left over and use the goo gone.

·
Registered
949 Posts
fisherman77536 said:
Sorry it is a 2004 Spirit 1100 and it has the raised emblems thanks
Lucky you, the Sabre stickers on my tank are under the clear coat

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did mine when I just got it ! I pulled mine off , By using steady
lifting pressure . It was hard on the finger tips . And it took Awhile .
They all came off in one piece .
Here is what it looked liked when I was done .

Jack

·
Registered
375 Posts
Waytooloud said:
Waytooloud said:
did you have a ridge of paint around where the emblem was after removal? If so, how'd you get that off?!
I used my thumb. With downward pressure and pushing !(Hurts after awhile)
Some use goobegone , Wd40, Heat ect ect?
I just used my thumbs only !
And after I put A good coat of wax !

Jack

·
Registered
375 Posts
Waytooloud said:
it looks to be part of the paint though. it's not?
My Honda was A 2004 !
And I didnt have A ridge ? Not sure what you mean .
I had the sticky tape ?

Jack

·
Registered
335 Posts
Look closer, I bet it's a trick of the lighting and the chrome, or even wax that dried in the corner between the tank and the emblem and looks like paint. Try the fishing line, just barely get it started, then see if you still think there'll be a paint ridge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts