Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Primmum is now TD and they have hiked everyone 20 to 40% and its all over social media. In Ontario anyway.
New riders are getting a break but they are already over charged by hundreds.

So if your with them hold on to your helmet your in for a big surprise.

I called five insurance companies and Viva was my best price.
It was Murielle from Mantha in Ottawa that hooked me up with viva BTw.

Be sure to call a few to get some quotes as it seems they have a different price for every individual .

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I switched to Allstate last year and it saved me quite a bit. I was with TD before that.

Guess I made a change at a good time!

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
I feel for my fellow riders in Canada. What is the most expensive part in your policies? Is it the medical coverage? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel for my fellow riders in Canada. What is the most expensive part in your policies? Is it the medical coverage? Just curious.
Well they blamed it on claims and a decline in motorcyclist. Seems a billion dollars in profit is no longer enough.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Up in our area, Ontario, the motorcycle insurance game was solely monopolized by 1 provider, jevco. It didn't matter who you were with, it was always jevco and the underwriter.

Until last year, Desjardin insurance broke into the motorcycle insurance game. I figure "the hell, I'll call em" . Allstate for my bike $750, Desjardin $320... I laughed and made the rep tell me all the details again, she clearly made a mistake. Nope. That was last year, this year its $300. I didn't know why I was so high, I'm 35, no accidents, no tickets..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts