Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Honda web site comparison of the two 750 Spirit models on offer for 2007 (I know the VT750D is being phased out in favour of the VT750C2).

I am no wrench-head (as you will see from these questions) but can someone explain to me the effect of the following differences on performance...

Compression Ratio: VT750D is 9.0:1 while the VT750C2 is 9.6:1. How would this effect the power band?

Wheelbase: VT750D is 64.8 inches while the VT750C2 is 65.1 inches. Also the VT750C (Aero) is 64.5 inches. How would this effect manoeuverability?

There is also quite a difference in front tire size between the 3 models, with the Aero being 17", the VT750C2 21" and the VT750D 19"

Many thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
Re: difference in SS750DC and SS750C2

The main difference in the 2 bikes is that the 750DC is a chain drive, and the 750C2 is Shaft drive. The difference in the length is due to the trail on the front end with a taller tire, and is normal, not affecting handling at all. The compression difference might make a little difference, but not sure how much you would really feel it as you take off, due to the other differences. There are many more differences between either of the Spirits and Aero, though. If you want to modify the bike much after you get it, you may want to go with the chain drive, since there is more you can do to it yourself.

Just MHO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.