Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temp sensor on the bike crapped out and I cant get a new one til next week. I am going to jump out the sensor and have the fan turn when ignition on since this weekend is suppose to be beautiful. Anyone know if the fan is brushless? I don't want to kill it prematurely.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried grounding the fan to the chassis and engine block didn't run it but crackled a little. Looks like the fan ground is isolated somehow. Going to look for a 20 amp rocker. and try to figure out how to mount it.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Whoa you better verify the fan is good BEFORE you bother with a switch. If you take the lead from the temp sensor and GROUND it the fan should run. If No fan the fan is bad. Crackling signifies a bad connection. Don't ground on painted part or the fins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got to work this morning and the temp light came on at the garage. I had noticed but didn't really pay attention to the fan not working lately. If I temporarily ground the lead wire from the sensor to the frame, do you think I can make it home? Assuming the fan is good (most likely). And It's a balmy 100 degrees in Saint Louis today.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Grounded

Ok. Grounded the wire by taking apart a VGA cable and stripping some wire out of it :). Then by confirming that the fan would run when grounding the sensor wire to the frame with the key on, I simply wired a "patch" to a bolt on the side of the frame. It works, and I can ride home. I will order a sensor tonight. Call me McGuyver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts