Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I live in Ohio. I just registered for the basic riders class to get my endorsment. The class starts 6/24/07. I just noticed my temps are up 5/30/07. Does anyone from Ohio know if I can renew the temps or do I have to take the test again?

·
Registered
658 Posts
az232 said:
Hi. I live in Ohio. I just registered for the basic riders class to get my endorsment. The class starts 6/24/07. I just noticed my temps are up 5/30/07. Does anyone from Ohio know if I can renew the temps or do I have to take the test again?
I too, am in Ohio. If I'm reading the BMV handbook correctly (pp 40 and 41), there is NO provision for a renewal. I think you'll either have to retake the written temp exam on/before 5/31 OR park the bike until 6/24 to be legal. There appears to be no restriction on re-taking the temp written exam, so at least that appears to be an option. A call to your county BMV office would probably be a good idea though - to remove any doubt.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd re-take the written. I believe (you can confirm with your MSF provider) that you have to have legal, current temps to do the riding course.

·
Registered
460 Posts
To take the MSF class ya need your temps, no temps the day of class=no takey the class. If I am not mishtooken ya can renew on the day of the temps expire. I am with aeromark99 call the testing center or the bmv. by the way congrates on taking the course, ya will learn a lot. I passed mine last sept. in hudson. There was a guy there who had been riding for about 15 yrs, he learned a lot that weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.