Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an earlier topic on this board..... I have the damaged tank removed from my 1983 Honda Shadow Project. Before I begin disassembling the bike I would like to see how it runs. Has anyone made a temporary gas tank (container) to do this?

Any recommendations or ideas?

Thanks,

Briandrex

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
When I had to sync my carbs on the Spirit, I placed the gas tank on a saw horse near the bike, then took a piece of fuel line, connected one end to the petcock, the other to the fuel line using a barbed coupling fitting. As long as the tank is slightly higher than the fuel line, it will drain the fuel into the bike.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You have a secondary gas tank that's right under the seat (at least the 85 does, and it should be exatly the same). You can pour some gas in there with a tin foil funnel and run it off of that, then when you're done you can drain that tank by disconnecting the fuel line under the petcock and turning the gas on.

The opening for the secondary tank is where the big hose from the main tank connects. I've run my bike up and down the street while doing carb synchs on that gas tank, it's holds something like .7 gallons. The fuel line has a filter right before the pump (or should) so I didn't bother much trying to plug everything up.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Or an old, thick skinned plastic bottle with one of those "pointy caps". Cut the cap to fit some clear/rubber hose (wiper washer hose will do); cut the bottom out of a plastic bottle (hopefully about a 1qt size); punch two small holes in the bottom walls for a piece of wire/string to hang the bottle upside down for the "gas" to flow. Add enough length hose to hang bottle out of your working area...just to be a little safe. :wink:

Bullzeyet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts