Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first time getting scoped, had to get an upper and lower GI.
My brother was telling me how they were asking if he wanted to watch the screen when he had his lower done ugh.
I guess I'm lucky in a way that I had to get both ends violated, they gave me the shot and a few seconds later I was out like a light, and what felt like the same amount of time to me, I woke up in recovery.
Kinda unnerving to be missing forty minutes around total strangers, just felt like I nodded of for a minute. :oops:

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
950 Posts
I had to get a kidney stone removed 2 weeks ago. went to the room in severe pain, went to sleep, woke up in just mild pain. Nice. Don't remember a thing, and don't want to either. I could if I wanted to, they record procedures there (I approved it), but don't want to see it. Urologist said I had a very narrow uriter and the stone never would have passed on its own.
Had the stent removed today with no anesthesia, and that sucked.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to my sister about it, she's a retired nurse, told her they knocked me out, she said "no they didn't, they give you a drug that makes you not remember what's happening, you're awake" ? WHAT! I'm freaked out about it now, that's scary:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
I woke-up on the operating table one-time. They were grinding away to remove part of my skull behind my ear. I remember the nurses and surgeon - just - stop. And "he's awake" "...are you okay, Mark" "put him under!" "he's going to rip it open" ..I remember reaching up to grab at my ear that was ..loose - then I was out like a light again.

:unsure: ...Strangely, ....none of them mentioned any of that when I woke back-up in recovery! :whistle: :)

..I don't remember any pain, I don't remember much other than being confused at what they were doing to me, and their panic at the time.

Lost time? Considering the options. I don’t have any problem with that. ..Gimmie the good-stuff every-time.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Talked to my sister about it, she's a retired nurse, told her they knocked me out, she said "no they didn't, they give you a drug that makes you not remember what's happening, you're awake" ? WHAT! I'm freaked out about it now, that's scary:eek:
Yep, same stuff they use on you when they do a Cath on your heart from the groin.
You wake up bruised to heck & back...but don't remember a thing.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
After 35 bones and 15 surgeries.... the dead time is great. I had the opportunity to get a local once and I declined. I prefer the count backwards and wake up in recovery. I never make it past 94 when counting back from 100. My orthopedic doc knows me well! We ride together.

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,102 Posts
After 35 bones and 15 surgeries.... the dead time is great. I had the opportunity to get a local once and I declined. I prefer the count backwards and wake up in recovery. I never make it past 94 when counting back from 100. My orthopedic doc knows me well! We ride together.
Were you a dirt bike rider in the past? That's a lot of injuries you have had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts