Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday 2/23 I purchased a 2002 Shadow Spirit VT1100. I made this purchase based on all the things I have read here and I just want to thank all in this great community for the help.
Prior to the purchase I had no riding experience other than my youth on a YZ125. I found this forum and lurked for 2 weeks absorbing all I could to determine what bike was right for me. I'm 37 6'1" about 230. Was at the point where I was going to buy a 750 but based on what I read here decided on the 1100. I'm glad I did!
It's been great thus far, other than the fact the only time I've had a chance to ride has been in the thick of rush hour (Charlotte, NC)
I look forward to finding the open road this weekend! The riding tips sticky has been my God before and after the purchase. I've learned so much that riding has become second nature. 176 miles thus far with nothing but the utmost respect for my safety (and others too).
Thank you from the depth of my heart for all your wisdom. You have set me free!
My wife hates you all, but she'll get used to it! Now if I can just find a way to slightly quite down these loud ass Cobra pipes the neighbors wont hate me as much too.

Tom

G

·
Congrats on the new bike and reentering the riding world. As you may have notice I am an opiniated SOB so I have one opinion to share right away. Whatever you decide as far as safety gear, helmet or not, leathers or not the one thing you absolutely need right now is to sign up for a MSF course. Get those skills and hone them.

As to the pipes, are there baffles already installed? If not your local cycle shop should be able to fix you up, personally I am not a fan of Cobra products as I feel their quality is sub par, if it were me I would trade those pipes in for either Samsons or Vance and Hines.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
First of all, welcome to this great forum. You are right that this is THE place for good friends, good info and great help when ever one needs it. I think you were very wise to have bought the 1100. One thing is that we love pics here on this site, so show us the ride!!!

In any event, please keep reading and I look forward to seeing you ride and reading many posts from you. And BE SAFE, as someone so wisely said on this forum, “ride like you are invisible”. Top notch advice.

Cheers from the Dragoon.
:D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I can honestly say that that bike is one of the nicest looking rides in its class. It also looks just like mine. I find it hard to believe that you think the cobras are to loud, however, that’s just my opinion :D As regards cobras quality, I am sure it doesn’t rank as number one or even two. however, I had a minor problem that turned out to be my own doing but the service I got was very impressive, and I am a service snob, I demand I get treated like a king ( doesn't always work, but I try) so for me to say that, it truly had to be great. IMHO

Cheers

Dragoon

·
Registered
270 Posts
thomieboy said:
Friday 2/23 I purchased a 2002 Shadow Spirit VT1100. I made this purchase based on all the things I have read here and I just want to thank all in this great community for the help.
Prior to the purchase I had no riding experience other than my youth on a YZ125. I found this forum and lurked for 2 weeks absorbing all I could to determine what bike was right for me. I'm 37 6'1" about 230. Was at the point where I was going to buy a 750 but based on what I read here decided on the 1100. I'm glad I did!
It's been great thus far, other than the fact the only time I've had a chance to ride has been in the thick of rush hour (Charlotte, NC)
I look forward to finding the open road this weekend! The riding tips sticky has been my God before and after the purchase. I've learned so much that riding has become second nature. 176 miles thus far with nothing but the utmost respect for my safety (and others too).
Thank you from the depth of my heart for all your wisdom. You have set me free!
My wife hates you all, but she'll get used to it! Now if I can just find a way to slightly quite down these loud ass Cobra pipes the neighbors wont hate me as much too.

Tom
Heres what I did when I had Cobra drags .
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34199&highlight=

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.