Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todays ride was definetly worth the wait to go......I definetly appreciate everyone being so kind with the new guy.

Yep....I was that guy, the one that held everyone up in the turns. I do promise to improve.

Buy you all were so great. Our tail gunner was awesome, knew when to give me some room, and when to close the gap.

Hotchick planned a greta route, and really made for a fun ride.

Miguel and sparc were a riot to watch up front......and I still cant believe Glenn can handle the goldwing like that, blew me away. Heres a few of the pics i got.....couldn't figure out the deal with the video, then I realized, I left the camera on, and it videotaped the reflection from my tank.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sorry I missed it. Looking forward to the next where I am most certainly going to join in. Thanks for the pics. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
I made it back to Vegas .. What a great ride. I had a blast also ... thank you all!
WIll post after rest
Glen

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was another great SoCal ride! We had 6 riders this time, including Hawaii 600 - it was good to see him again. His current milage on the Wing is up to 80,000.

We did a run up Palomar, which was unfortunately brought to a screeching halt due to a motorcycle accident. A guy on a sport bike went down and was apparently hit by uncoming traffic when he crossed the double yellow.

All of our group made it up safely and without any tickets, despite the heavy CHP patrols in the area. The action shots below are from the run up Palomar.

After regrouping at the top of the mountain, we headed back down and toward Borrego Springs, a small desert community. Our group was blessed with an awesome, unobstructed run down a really fun road called Montezuma Grade.

Lunch was at a great restaurant called Carlees and then back up Montezuma. We parted ways in Temecula with smiles all around.

Sparc:

mountain bike mike:

Hawaii 600:

sdbrit68:

mmmm2112:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you guys were awesome......one of the reasons I got back into biking is the people.

I really appreciate that I didnt feel like an outsider, and definetly much thanks to all the work that went into planning and organizing the ride.

I'll have to have sparc and miguel show me that bike shake thing.......I was laughing so hard

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
sdbrit68 said:
Todays ride was definetly worth the wait to go......I definetly appreciate everyone being so kind with the new guy.

....couldn't figure out the deal with the video, then I realized, I left the camera on, and it videotaped the reflection from my tank.
Great pics. I even enjoyed all 4 video's. I should show you a few of my video's, then you would know how great your's are :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pics
I had a great time too. It is truly the people who make any ride and the folks in So. Cal. make a journey of any distance worth it.
Sparc's Hot Chick did a wonderful job of planing the ride path through some of the fabulous twisty roads their area has to offer. The group as a whole is a caring and respectful crowd. Anyone who rides with these people can see that right off the bat.
There was a part toward the end of the ride where they allowed everyone to break off and ride their own ride and the group actually broke off in pairs! These guys show a lot of class.
It seems the only safe time to take a picture was at some of the stops as the roads were always showing either a corner or a sign of one being imminent.
I had many fond memories to review as I joined the ribbon of light across the Mohave on my trip back to Vegas.
Thank you all for very fond memories!
Glen

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great pic. Looks like it was another terrific ride. Burgers didn't look bad either. Matt, Glenn, sorry I missed you. It's been awhile.

If it comes off, I'm planning on the Julian ride in March because it's on a Sunday. Otherwise, I'll see you all in May after my girls win the Laguna Niguel Girls Softball 10U division championship.

Pete

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pete
I think we all understand. Anyway sorry I missed you too.
Ride safe!
Glen

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Very nice...looks like everyone had a great time. Makes me miss riding even more! Would have seen the pics earlier but I was spppppreading ice mmmelt and ssscraping offff the cccccar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts