Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank you all for your kind words about my pictures. I don't say it often enough but I really do appreciate all the compliments. It's gotten me to thinking about what it is I'm trying to do by posting my pictures so I thought I'd just share a few of my thoughts.

I really enjoy experiencing Nature first hand and I've found that for me, riding a motorcycle is the best way to do that. A motorcycle is highly maneuverable, it's easy to find a place to stop and take a closer look or to do a U-turn and go back to look at something interesting I just passed. But beyond that, when I'm riding a motorcycle I am not just observing Nature, I am experiencing it.

When I'm riding, I can feel the gentle tug of the wind or it's violent shove. I feel the sting of the rain and the bite of the cold. I feel the soothing warmth of the sun as well as the hot summer blast. I smell the scent of the pines and the fresh mown hay, the sweet smell of the spring wild flowers or the acrid smoke of the prairie fires. I get to observe wildlife first hand. I've met many a deer and watched a lot of elk. I've run with the antelope, soared with the hawks, chased the coyotes, and dodged the rabbits.

But what I really enjoy the most is the view. There is something about being right out in the middle of it all that adds to the beauty of the world around me. Colorado, with it's unique landscape is rich with beauty but I've travelled extensively over the years and I find beauty wherever I go. That's what I'm trying to share and I hope that you get to experience some of what I do through my pictures.

After all, motorcycling is all about the ride!

Happy Trails!
sanoke

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
...there was never an explanation needed and it should be us that should continually thank you for bringing your view of the world to our desktops...many of us do not have the ability to be as close to such a vast region of nature that you have...I have to ride miles and miles before I come to anything that comes close to comparison...keep at it please...;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
sanoke, you're doing us all a favor by posting your great pics. I too have seen many great vistas but you always show me something I haven't seen before. You have inspired me and I will start carrying my camera on my rides.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
...there was never an explanation needed and it should be us that should continually thank you for bringing your view of the world to our desktops...many of us do not have the ability to be as close to such a vast region of nature that you have...I have to ride miles and miles before I come to anything that comes close to comparison...keep at it please...;)
Well said!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
I want to thank you all for your kind words about my pictures. I don't say it often enough but I really do appreciate all the compliments. It's gotten me to thinking about what it is I'm trying to do by posting my pictures so I thought I'd just share a few of my thoughts.

I really enjoy experiencing Nature first hand and I've found that for me, riding a motorcycle is the best way to do that. A motorcycle is highly maneuverable, it's easy to find a place to stop and take a closer look or to do a U-turn and go back to look at something interesting I just passed. But beyond that, when I'm riding a motorcycle I am not just observing Nature, I am experiencing it.

When I'm riding, I can feel the gentle tug of the wind or it's violent shove. I feel the sting of the rain and the bite of the cold. I feel the soothing warmth of the sun as well as the hot summer blast. I smell the scent of the pines and the fresh mown hay, the sweet smell of the spring wild flowers or the acrid smoke of the prairie fires. I get to observe wildlife first hand. I've met many a deer and watched a lot of elk. I've run with the antelope, soared with the hawks, chased the coyotes, and dodged the rabbits.

But what I really enjoy the most is the view. There is something about being right out in the middle of it all that adds to the beauty of the world around me. Colorado, with it's unique landscape is rich with beauty but I've travelled extensively over the years and I find beauty wherever I go. That's what I'm trying to share and I hope that you get to experience some of what I do through my pictures.

After all, motorcycling is all about the ride!

Happy Trails!
sanoke
:shock: And you sir...are indeed...a biker. I love your pictures. :-D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sanoke, I think you've captured something important; at least from my own experiences it feels like it. Many years ago I went from home to Vancouver B.C. for the first time. The shortest route for me was to cross into the U.S. at Detroit and take I-94 west through Washington then I-5 north to B.C. While crossing Montana I began to get very uneasy and almost like I was nervous. I spent several hours trying to figure out what was going on with me. I stopped in a rest area somewhere in Montana and just started walking and came to this cliff that gave me an incredible breath taking view. It occurred to me in that instant what was going on inside of me. I suddenly realized that man, for all of his self importance and achievements is as insignificant to nature as perhaps a common housefly is to us. We often say this but realizing deep in your soul is very humbling. Your pictures remind me of that moment. Don't stop what you do.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I agree with the guys... there's two sides to that "thanks" coin. We (I) don't thank you enough for the excellent photos and cool descriptions. I may not comment on every entry, but i sure enjoy the heck out of them.

Thank you, sir, and by all means, please keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well said!

Like your pics, your words remind us that riding a motorcycle truly is poetry in motion.

Many thanks for all the wonderful pics.

·
Registered
587 Posts
...there was never an explanation needed and it should be us that should continually thank you for bringing your view of the world to our desktops...
I also wanted to send my personal thanks for your sharing some magnificent landscapes from the land of my afterbirth. I've been fortunate enough to see much of North America before I moved to NZ 30 years ago, and your adventures remind me of what I've left behind.

Ride safe, Bro, and please keep sharing your pics with us.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Adding my thanks too, Sanoke. I live in PA but "out west" are some of my favorite places. Been to many of the national parks etc. in the west, mostly with family, camping, etc., never on a bike though. Someday...

Not only are you a wonderful photographer, but eloquent too, who knew??!!! ;) And thanks for sharing your thoughts, too.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I might not always comment on your great pictures but I look at and appreciate each and everyone. I hope if I ever get out to Colorado to ride I would be able to ride with you to some of those great locations.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Been to many of the national parks etc. in the west, mostly with family, camping, etc., never on a bike though. Someday....
I have a healthy attraction to the western half of our great country. It's so big and wild, you really get a feel for your place in things. I really admire anyone that is able to "see" the picture, then capture it for the rest of us. I, too, hope to ride out west someday, but until then, I'll live vicariously through your photos. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I know why you take pictures, I take them all the time myself. I completely enjoy seeing yours. Keep up the good work. Ever thought of putting them in some kind of book?

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
What can I say that's already been said? You do a great job of keeping us who are snowbound, the hope of getting on our bikes in the future weeks and sharing your enjoyment of nature at it's raw form. The more photos you post, the more I can't wait for our next trip to Colorado.
"A picture is worth a thousand words", and you my friend say it all!! Keep it up. You are appreciated. PD

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I thank you for the photos, I enjoy the ride and nature as you do but i'm like a soft gentle wind as I ride the nature trail, as I say I'm just a flower sniffer, only thing not much on taking pictures, keep them in my mind, course with this old mind they only last till I blink............:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts