Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year or so ago we met this guy on a gold wing in upstate New York at a gas stop in a hailstorm. We held out the storm together at the gas station and when we parted he gave my wife and me each t-shirts from the fire and ice rally in New Mexico along with this web site. I could never remember the name of the forum but knew it had something to do with Honda.
Have I found the correct forum?
Miles & Jeanie

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome, you have certainly found one of the best sources of information for Honda Shadows on the web. It sounds like you had a run in with Glenn. He posts here often

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Bumping this up for Glenn to see it.

Even with all of the people he has met, I'm sure he'd remember the time he met ya. He has a great memory. :D

G

·
0 Posts
That sounds like Glen or Hawaii600 for sure. He'll see this soon and get back to you. Was he wearing the Goodwrench leather jacket?

Welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello Miles & Jeanie
I remember you two. We drank energy drinks while we tried to figure out which way this storm was going to roll off to around Syracuse NY. You had a Harley with leather bags and a custom seat and back rest, The gas station had pumps on the west and south side. I gassed up at the west pumps and you at the south then we met at the southwest corner to wait out the storm. The "Lady" in the SUV wanted me to move my bike so she could take a short cut through the parking lot.
So I gotta know
What took so long?
Glen

·
Registered
658 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
damn, glenn. that's some recall!
He's blowing smoke, mike. He doesn't remember it all that well. I distinctly remember him telling me he gassed up at the EAST pumps.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Glen that was defiantly you. I have no idea which direction the pumps were facing but I do remember the woman wanting you to come out in the rain and move your bike so she did not have to put her truck into reverse as she used the gas station to avoid the traffic light.
I am glad we found you. We want to thank you for your kindness that day and let you know that you were not forgotten. I now wear a camera around my neck as you had shown us and we get many comments about our shirts.
I sent you a PM.
Miles

·
Registered
151 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
damn, glenn. that's some recall!
Wow, that's damn impressive Glen. Do you also remember how many spokes were on my rear wheel?!? [no cheating by looking on my sig pic!]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts