Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I requested a copy from John and he said there was a copy in the states. Canyon, I want this to come my direction, can anybody bridge the gap to North Carolina, I can travel up into Virginia to meetup. I'd love to get my name on this before it goes back to John.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will be travelling to Virginia (Lyndhurst/Danville) come June 3rd, then I plan on moving on to Townsend, TN around June 9th. I used goggle maps and it appears that Canyon and I are about 450 miles from each other ....if it would be possible to arrange a meet somewhere around Plattsburg, New York, I could take the book with me to Virginia and arrange to meet someone to pass it on to. If that doesn't work out, perhaps I could take it on to TN and pass it on to someone in that area. The best time for me to do this would be the weekend of May 19th....let me know if you think we can work something out.

Di
I'll meet you in Virginia, Danville is about an hour from me.

Chill

·
Registered
205 Posts
LOL....Yes, I am in Canada, just across the border 1/2 hour from Alexandria Bay/Clayton Area..........yes I could do May 20th....so if no on else comes forward or is closer, shall we start it off? Looks like I'd be about 250 miles from High Point, North Carolina...maybe we could meet up somewhere inbetween like.......the Dragon! :) Hopefully this all works out :).....I'm sure it will, one way or another, but I would like to participate..........

Di
I'll meet you at the Dragon - was thinking of putting one of the Dragon stickers on it, I'm sure John would appreciate that being from Wales.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dauntae-
I am in Connecticut, on the right edge of the "notch". I would be able to meet up when you're done with it.
I am planning a trip South along the Skyline Drive, Blueridge Parkway, Cherola Skyway, and the Dragon in early June so could pass it along then.
Let me know...

Dean
I can meet you along the parkway or at the dragon

·
Registered
205 Posts
Chill

I could certainly do that. I should be at the southern end of the Parkway about June 5 or 6, don't have the plan in front of me right now.

If anyone in between us speaks up in the meantime, we'll see what happens. If no takers, then for sure we'll meet.

Dean
I'll keep an eye on the thread, hope this works out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad to hear its on it's way. There's no rush to get it down this way. The more people who get there hands on it the better, just as long as it doesn't bypass me. Great pics guys.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Myself and Mike77 have arranged the next handoff. We will meet in Farmville VA on the 5th of July. We are meeting in Macado's for lunch @11.30. Anybody interested in joining us for lunch or joining me along the way would be more than welcome.

Chill

·
Registered
205 Posts
After a 300 mile round trip, a bear sighting, a fine lunch with Mike and a good soaking 2 miles from home i've got The Book of John.

Thanks Mike for meeting me today, for both of us noobs this was our longest rides yet. The power of the book is working.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've organized a local meet-up to sign the book on Saturday but as of this moment I'm not sure who will be next. I know Coop jumped in after my original post so we may try and get something moving it that way.

Chill

·
Registered
205 Posts
Met with Horsehead today and passed the book on. I took the cage as it was chucking it down when I had to leave. Brought my 4 year old son with me, he could talk the hind legs off a donkey, I sure Jeff will agree. He didn't do to bad at taking a photo, even managed to include himself

It was a pleasure to meet you Jeff and hopefully we get down to Asheboro or up to hanging rock in the near future.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Long time since I've been on here, great to see the book still moving along, couldn't find a link to the map and not sure how many people have had the book. Any chance someone could summarize the 1657 post travel of the Book of John. RIP John - hope there's plenty of twisties on your travels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts