Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Canyon - I'm in Baltimore, MD. I could travel to receive the book and to deliver it also. This is a good idea.

Mike
Get the book to southern NY or northern PA , or even north Jersey (sorry I wont go near NYC or north on the NJ turnpike on my bike, just to many cagers and heavy traffic up there)
I'll meet MidalySr in DEL or MD, he can get it off to MB-ED in DC.
I would plan on reading it though.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Canyon-

Glad to hear your tech day worked out and you're good to go.

I'm waiting to find out where you and Dauntae will be meeting as it is possible I can make it to that meet up.

Still need to set up a meeting with Dauntae to pass the book along to me so I can head south with it. So far the only taker after me that has offered to meet up is Chill in NC. I will be down there on June 4 and 5 along the Blueridge Parkway.

I am also available to do a meet up in NY state as a round trip from here because I am planning a practice ride before the first leg of my southern trip to "shakedown" the setup.
I'm in NJ and would be glad to meet in somewhere in southern NY, PA or Northern NJ, but not near NYC, wont take the bike up that way, to many assholes on the road up there. you have people that have offered to move the book from here all the way down the coast.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Scrapdog2grand-

My route south takes me on I-84 west to Scranton PA and then 81 to 15 to Gettysburg. If that helps you let me know.

Dean
Actually, some where between Scranton and Gettysburg would be great, that would be about 100 -120 miles for me one way. when do you plan to do this shackdown run? 12 of May and 2 of june are not good for me, I have to work it is a must, any other week end should be good. Joe

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Scrapdog2grand-

June 2 is the day we are heading south to Gettysburg, so unfortunately that won't work.
May 19 I'm planning to meet a friend in Binghamton NY, but intend to take a more northern route than I-84. If you want to loop around NYC to the west we could try that. Of course I'm waiting to hear from my friend and see if he can make that date. I've also planned a ride to Newport RI on the 5th of May, so I wouldn't be able to travel on the 12th anyway.
I guess we'll see what happens.
I totally respect the weekend work days; I spent 8 years working a Sunday to Thursday shift. In a (seemingly) previous lifetime, I was in the US Navy, so any day (every day) was a work day.

Dean
June 2nd may be ok, I can swap Saturdays, if I can find someone to work for me. also, west of NYC may be good too, keep me informed as to your ridding plans.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
WOW this is so taking off, I'll have the book saturday and work out the next person to pass it too, Maybe along with a pic of it being passed we should all sign it with our home location and date. This way when it makes it back to the owner he can see everywhere it has traveled and who helped it get to the next location.

Dauntae
Your suppose to sign it silly, after you read it ofcourse ;)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Like I said at the top of the third page, I am in Baltimore, MD. Gettysburg, PA. would be a nice place to receive the book. Gettysburg is only about 56 miles from Baltimore and would be a nice ride. (I actually walked from Gettysburg to Baltimore once upon a time -- took me about 14.5 hours.)

If the offer is still open, let me know. I am interested in reading the book and I could take it south when finished. DC and Virginia are just a ride away. Just letting you know.:cool:

Mike
I'd like to meet up with Toadshoney, and then get the book off to you.
I would very much like to read Johns book.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I was kinda hoping we could do this. Be nice to not have the book make enormous leaps, but small skips across this great country of ours. The more that participate, the better.

Dean
I'll be there, I dont like the rain though, so I hope its a nice weekend.
be nice to put it through as many states as possible as well.

we'll figure out a good spot. I got a buddy in that area I'd like to see too, so maybe he can join us, I will try to get the wife to come too, maybe her ACE will be road worthy. if not, she loves her VLX, and its got the bags on it.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
We exchanged PMs; the handoff from me to you will be June 2. I will be headed out I-84 to Sranton and then south on I-81. My timing from my house is usually 4-4.5 hours from my house to the I-80 exchange, should be there about lunchtime or so. You said anywhere between Scranton and Gettysburg, pick a spot and we'll get this done.

Dean
No problem , I'll do a little research this weekend. see if I cant pull up something from ,dinners/drive-ins and dives, lol

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
We exchanged PMs; the handoff from me to you will be June 2. I will be headed out I-84 to Sranton and then south on I-81. My timing from my house is usually 4-4.5 hours from my house to the I-80 exchange, should be there about lunchtime or so. You said anywhere between Scranton and Gettysburg, pick a spot and we'll get this done.

Dean
I'm good to go on the 2nd, and will start to look for a good place to meet, did you make plans to get the book?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'll be looking for a meeting spot this week, and not quite sure of my route yet, no navi, just print up my route the night before or try to menmorize it, LOL ( if anyone out there would like to go, I'm 20 miles outside of Philly)I'll be riding solo as my wife has lacross tournaments to go to, but she will hopefully be able to make the next pass with me.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Who has it now, Scrapdog2grand? I saw the "20 miles outside of Philly" and figured it would be a decent trip to meet somewhere Mid-PA, if we could work out the logistics.
I get it next weekend, then have plans to meet up with someone in Delaware, it is suppose to go south to MD, VA, and NC, not many have posted since then But it was promised to get to someone in NC, I was asked to make sure it got to him, and really cant go back on my word, unless he speaks up and says hey go west, I will be contacting a couple of the previous posters to see if they still want it, and see what the plans are.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Just keep and active eye on the thread, it's been stickied for us all to watch it easier. When it gets close, sound off! ;)
We all want to see them! :)

Doesn't mean you can't join the meet! This doesn't have to be a one on one rider thing. But the book must go to one. Meets with other HSN members is always good.

Thanks for posting where. Do you have a better time of when?:D

Dean and I plan to meet, Sat between 1 and 2 pm.
Then the book of John moves again Sunday June 10th

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Howard-
Would be great to meet you as well. I am looking forward to it.

Weather forecast is looking damp (maybe even wet) for my departure on Saturday morning. I checked the NOAA website for the Gettysburg weather and it looks better.

I plan to be there by 1 pm, hoping the rain doesn't slow us down too much.

Dean
suppose to clear in the morning, hope fully by the time you wake up.
I'm good to go, give me a call before you leave.
Joe

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
A successful pass was completed today. Met with two fellow Shadow Riders. Had nice lunch, yes we did get to sit at a table and eat like gentlemen. I will post the pictures after I set up an account.

Rode about 375 miles today from CT. The book passed through NY and into PA. It is on it's way to NJ.

Dean
The book of John is in NJ!!
I did a total of about 300 miles today, and almost 8 hr's worth of riding, mostly through mountains, even after I got back to Jersey, decided to take 78 to northern NJ, and then some nice winding roads down along the Delaware River.

Thanks for the ride to Pine Grove - Howard!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I made a couple PM's to people that wanted the book of John, with no responces as of yet. I am looking to make my ride for the passing this coming weekend, Sat or Sun. with someone from Del, MD, or Southeastern PA. please post people!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts