Honda Shadow Forums banner

2181 - 2197 of 2197 Posts

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Well, I hate seeing tag games go stale.......I'm waiting on my new bike to arrive. I'm picking it up in Bessemer.
I'm hoping tomorrow, but I'm still waiting on the call.
@Theja1 , I'm tired, tired, and retired, so my schedule is mostly open. What kinda schedule/timing to get this on the move?
As soon as we can. I should have most of next week open.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I posted, then some things changed. So, I didn't get to met up. Looks like it is still in Tuscaloosa/Northport, Alabama.

Edit: For anyone that isn't aware, it is shown on the member map. Here is the link showing the current location: The Book Location

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
We need to decide something on the book. I’ve got lots of time right now, BUT I have had the book since 12/18/18. Rode to KY to get it with temps in the 30’s, where it wouldn’t get stuck up north for the winter. Well, it winter again...still stuck almost a year later.

@Coop, is it time to call it and send it to John’s family?

I have the most miles with the book, I think I’ve had it the most times (5), and I’ve probably had it the longest now too.

Time make decisions.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
@Theja1 coming from someone who has never had the book nor probably ever will: I'm willing to bet once new members get settled in here the book might start moving again. You know how things act on the pendulum swing around here. Who knows, maybe some of these new names around here will want to become art of the family and take an interest in the book.

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
@Theja1 coming from someone who has never had the book nor probably ever will: I'm willing to bet once new members get settled in here the book might start moving again. You know how things act on the pendulum swing around here. Who knows, maybe some of these new names around here will want to become art of the family and take an interest in the book.
I hope you are correct. I’m ready to get it moving, whether that be to another member or across the Atlantic Ocean.

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
We need to decide something on the book. I’ve got lots of time right now, BUT I have had the book since 12/18/18. Rode to KY to get it with temps in the 30’s, where it wouldn’t get stuck up north for the winter. Well, it winter again...still stuck almost a year later.

@Coop, is it time to call it and send it to John’s family?

I have the most miles with the book, I think I’ve had it the most times (5), and I’ve probably had it the longest now too.

Time make decisions.

Come on up north to Yankeeland (Gods Country). I ain’t doing nothing this weekend. I’ve had the book three times, but I’ll take it again.

Photobucket can sucket.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
I hope you are correct. I’m ready to get it moving, whether that be to another member or across the Atlantic Ocean.

Worst case scenario give it to a prior holder via auto or plane. That happened one time b4 by Canyon.
Yes, I agree it needs to move, too many have claimed to want it but not stepped up yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Come on up north to Yankeeland (Gods Country). I ain’t doing nothing this weekend. I’ve had the book three times, but I’ll take it.
Um...two things. There’s a reason why where @Coop and I live is called the Bible Belt...and another reason all you Yankees retire and move down here, just to be closer to heaven.

And you know, if I come up there, it ain’t going to be nothing but trouble for me...which I’m plenty good at getting in down here....in Gods Country.

So we’ll mark you suggestion up to a maybe.

·
Registered
11,054 Posts

Slow morning at Vito's house so I thought I'd take a look at this thread. This all began in 2011, and Mr. Hopkins passed in April/2015. After awhile, the reason behind doing all this will get dulled by time, if it hasn't already. Would have loved to sign it and meet a forum member or two, but maybe it is time to get the book to the guy's family.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not sure if this is still going or where the book is now but in in Virginia and my wife and I are always looking for excuses to ride. Once her bike is back together i think it would be fun to meet one of you guys. Let me know

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
I'm not sure if this is still going or where the book is now but in in Virginia and my wife and I are always looking for excuses to ride. Once her bike is back together i think it would be fun to meet one of you guys. Let me know

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The last I heard @Theja1 had it down in AL and was looking to move it. If he's not along soon, you might send him a PM.

2181 - 2197 of 2197 Posts