Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2186 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
she could still go,,all she has to do is tell them she was there,theyd never know.
i know,im gonna go to hell for that..lmao
Craig we can ride there together LOL She would be laughing at this too. :mrgreen: I'm still laughing... Good point however.

Dean, How far are you from Newport RI I head out there for rides quit a bit in the summer, If that's not too far perhaps we could meet up there, Pretty good spot for a bite to eat too.

Dauntae

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I'd hate to think of the logistics of working out the route and all the pick up points or even consider the total milage this copy will have travelled at the end of it's journey..don't forget, if you get the book you will enjoy it more if you read it with a map of Wales, the problem with maps is they dont show the weather or the hills, but the book will fill some of that in..

John.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dauntae-

I'm about 3 hours from Newport. I'm in north central CT on the MA border.
Give me an idea of where you are and we'll work this out.
My son got married in Newport 18 months ago and then they moved to San Diego, CA to follow a job. So far, the marriage has lasted longer than the job did.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Chill

I could certainly do that. I should be at the southern end of the Parkway about June 5 or 6, don't have the plan in front of me right now.

If anyone in between us speaks up in the meantime, we'll see what happens. If no takers, then for sure we'll meet.

Dean

·
Registered
205 Posts
Chill

I could certainly do that. I should be at the southern end of the Parkway about June 5 or 6, don't have the plan in front of me right now.

If anyone in between us speaks up in the meantime, we'll see what happens. If no takers, then for sure we'll meet.

Dean
I'll keep an eye on the thread, hope this works out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I can move it along anywhere in the south 1/3 or so of Texas - can get it to the extreme south Texas border w/ Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico. Might even get a couple bullet holes in it!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Heads up boys and girls....

Dauntae & I are postponing the Book's maiden voyage across the North American Continent by 6 days. That's right, you are all going to have to wait til Saturday 4/28 now. Why? Because Honda was nice enough to afflict my bike with the dreaded (and oddly common) Steering Neck Bearing failure. I'm tearing the front end of my bike off this Saturday to replace the bearings and while at it putting new Metz 880 sneakers on her. This will be an all day event (for me) and I don't want to rush the job for our meet on Sunday.

Plus he's got some story about "someone" not being able to make a 75 mile one way trip on a motorcycle and would rather take the cage... ;)

There's the bad news.

Now the good news. We haven't made up our minds on where to meet yet but it will be somewhere in Taxachussetts....

I'm at A, he's at B. The Green looks doable. Any other members up for a meet-n-greet in the green on 4/28? I have no clue where so I'm posting for opinions. All are welcome, but he goes home with the book.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
LOL and that someone also read that post LOL and she'll be ready for ya when we meet :twisted: She did think it was funny though, WON'T repeat what she said though, This be a family forum LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dauntae-

If you can manage it on May 5th, I plan to meet a friendin southeast Ct for a ride and he says Newport from his area is do-able. It's over 200 miles round trip for me, but what the hey, I'm in the vicinity.

If you can't do May 5th, give me an option.

I live at the extreme west end of Canyon's green circle, If your meet up with him is close enough, I will try and join in.

Why am I thinking about trying to herd cats?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
If it gets out my way, let me know... by then I should be healed and able to ride :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'll toss my hat in for the near Houston, Tx folks. I saw someone else post from Katy (Outside of Houston) and I'm 35 or so miles south of the city so I can pass it down the coast a bit if needed.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Too bad the book isn't starting its journey today, would have been fitting seeing how I've been a member here for 1 year today.

My tech day didn't go as planned, the bike was int he air literally all day but she's rode worthy now. Better to be safe than sorry and postpone the ride until next weekend. Besides, it's raining here and I have less than 50 miles on my new tires too.

Dauntae did we finalize any plans or times to meet up on Saturday? I may or may not have a new VTX friend coming along. Anyone else "in the area" want to meet up for a meet & greet??

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've heard a couple of you mention AZ and WA - so for the few of us in CA, I'm game for helping get it from AZ, up the west coast to WA. Wouldn't be the same if the book didn't make it up the west coast! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Canyon-

Glad to hear your tech day worked out and you're good to go.

I'm waiting to find out where you and Dauntae will be meeting as it is possible I can make it to that meet up.

Still need to set up a meeting with Dauntae to pass the book along to me so I can head south with it. So far the only taker after me that has offered to meet up is Chill in NC. I will be down there on June 4 and 5 along the Blueridge Parkway.

I am also available to do a meet up in NY state as a round trip from here because I am planning a practice ride before the first leg of my southern trip to "shakedown" the setup.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Canyon, Just got home from working on the bike and I'm good to go. I figured Newton would be a good spot without either of us going through Boston (God I HATE Boston) and found a BBQ place in Newton Blue Ribbon BBQ | West Newton | Washington St | Barbecue Might be some good eating and it's about 57 miles for me and a little less from you. Let me know what you think and we'll set up the plans for anyone who wants to meet up with us.

Dauntae

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Done deal, not even gonna look. I'm never concerned with milage... I ride ti ride :) My only concern is keeping the Mrs happy but since Google Latitude, she can keep an eye on me and stop the worrying.

Seeing how it's a BBQ place i say we make it a lunch meet. Need to find out how popular this place is and when the crowds are there.

1375 Washington St. West Newton, MA 02465 - Google Maps
Who else is in? I'm thinking between 1-2?? Woohoo!

Ratings look good too. I love pulled pork but I have to say that dish I had in Texas with TXShadow49 (Johnny) is hard to beat!
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Blue+Ribbon+of+West+Newton&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Blue+Ribbon+of+West+Newton&cid=8151351936626811373&sa=X&ei=wZmUT72TBfGf6QHlt5S2BA&ved=0CFUQ3Q4

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
between 1 and 2 sounds good, Having a busy day, Meeting up with you, Then to Christine's sons little league game for 5:00 then after the game were off to a friends 40th birthday party, Going to be pretty beat by the end of Saturday but all well worth it, I like BBQ LOL

Dauntae

41 - 60 of 2186 Posts