Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday turned nice so I went riding and I learned something. Did y'all know that if you ride over a car floormat in a corner your front tire will slip off it? I didn't either, but let me just say this having your front tire slip 6-8 inches to the outside while cornering is a really interesting sensation!

Now don't ask me the technique you use when floormat slipping because I don't know but you begin with saying something along the lines of; "OH "insert expletive here"" and then hanging on. This occurs milliseconds after you realize that a dark grey floormat is nearly invisible on asphalt and milliseconds after that when your front tire starts pointing towards a telephone pole.

Fortunately though the bike and Mr. Newton got together and decided they didn't want to hit that pole and without seeking my opinion or input on the matter straightened things out. I do seem to recall the bike screaming at me; "Don't do a freaking thing, I've got it" or maybe it was God once again taking care of one of His less intelligent and capable kids.

Oh, and thanks once again to the Honda desingers who wisely decided not to put seat cushion buttons on their bikes....getting those things medically extracted is a pain in the..... :shock:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Around here that's known as a "Pucker Moment".

Glad to know you kept it upright. Now, go home, change undies, and get back out there. :D

Is it just me :D every time I look at this emoticon :D I think of Willie???

Ted

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering where that darn floormat went. I laid it over a pothole for a young lady, so her bike didn't get wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts