Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
I have never joined in the game before but thought it would be fun. But it was 45 degrees today so I didn't feel like going to Rainier National Park. But close by there is a National Cemetery for veterans with the theme " Where hero's go to rest" . So I knew nobody would object too much if it wasn't truly a park. And since Mt Rainier is in the background my heart was there too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
I haven't read every page on here so I don't know what has been taken. Is it OK to call one already visited?
Maybe try a big waterfall with your bike in view. Or someone else may have a tougher one.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
O K lets see a Big Waterfall.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
You can't argue that it is not a waterfall. There is even a sign saying it is.
Looks OK to me, but I kind of had in mind a big one such as the one near Portland Oregon. Multnomah Falls. Now that is a waterfall !!!
But maybe not to practical to find for a lot of guys. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
Thanks smilie, that waterfall is about 150 miles south of me here. I am in the Seattle area. But we do have a lot of green here. With the wet weather we get a lot of green, but we don't get the vibrant fall colors some of the guys back east get. I have a T shirt from Oregon which has similar weather, and it says=
"How do you know it is summer in Oregon? The rain is warmer".

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
It would be hard to beat a huge waterfall like Niagara !!! :lol:

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
Next tag, let's warm it up some, kinda!
Next tag...
Your bike with something that makes you think of the beach! Creativity gets double points!

I agree, but here in rainy Washington state there are no good warm photos. So I borrowed one from element303 with his cool bobber next to a beautiful beach. But I don't deserve the credit just wanted to share it. I feel warmer already.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
It may be a while before one of those are found. Here is a photo of one in case some of the "Young-Uns" don't know what they are. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
Had to include my favorite ride and photo. Farm, country, barn, mountain, Quiet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
I would love to do= Beetles song " good day, Sunshine..." But it is dark and rainy here in the Seattle area. Tomorrow maybe.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
Cerberus that is interesting about the Sugarland Prison. The song Midnight Special was written about that place by "Lead Belly", a blues man that spent some time in there. But I read some time back that it was closed now. Cool song though by several singers and groups including CCR.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
I should have said the song is actually about a real train that left Houston at midnight and went by the Sugarland prison. The inmates had a legend that if the light shined on them it may mean they were soon to be released. Neat history.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
Next up . . . photo of your bike with a flock of birds, or at least one impressive bird.

I will add this as a bonus photo because it is so unusual.
A park down in Auburn, Wa. has a big (12 foot) Penquin made of SPOONS, yes kitchen SPOONS. The back has a covering of rubber from truck inner tubes. The chick is made from forks. Crazy but cool !

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
Just for a fun bonus picture=
I have this old photo of a gas station years before any of us were alive (I think). Just look at the price of gas !!! I will take 3 gallons of Ethyl, please.
Can you hear some of the young guys saying= Who's Ethyl ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
A friend of mine in Los Angeles in the early 1960's worked at a gas station and said the young guys would drive in and ask for .25 cents please, to have a gallon of gas to cruisin for chicks.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
The American Pickers would say that ratty look is the "character" !

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
OK maybe I have this one= My bike and a windmill.
Actually I made that one in my backyard, and Elmer the scarecrow is waving hello in the back ground. Made from a bicycle wheel with plastic blades for fun. So it is just a fun bonus photo. Now to go get a real windmill !

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,662 Posts
I can re-post my big Penquin made out of spoons, just for fun. It is about 10 feet tall and all spoons on the body, and black rubber inner tubes for the back covering.The chick is made from forks. It is pretty unusual. Someday I will try to find the story behind it being made and put in a park in Auburn, Washington.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 107 Posts