1 - 19 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 Goldwing/2001 Nighthawk
1,048 Posts
Next a phone booth.
What's a "phone booth"? >:)

LOL.

I can't think of the last time I saw one.

Does it have to be a working one? I think I know where a booth is, but don't think a phone is in it.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Steve, I know what one is, they just are not around like they used to be.

I found 3 pay phones, but none of them were in a booth, and none of them were working (no hand set, no cord, and 2 did not even have a coin box).

I am guessing it counts, so the next one is a pic with your bike in front of a pawn shop (or pawn shop sign).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Next tag, your bike and a “meat market”. A butcher shop, cow/deer processing facility or similar, but NOT your local bar everyone refers to as a “meat market”.

Example (I put around 140 miles on my bike getting this photo):
Well if nobody gets this by Monday, I can get the exact same shot...:wink2:

I know exactly where that is.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
You should have gone riding with me today! I went through Fulshear, Wallis, Bellville, Hempstead, Brookshire and back home through Katy.
Kind of hard since I am working.
Working tomorrow also, otherwise I would do it then.

Next time you go riding that way send me a PM.
There are some fun roads out that way (FM 1458 between San Felipe and Pattison, 1489 south of Brookshire etc)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
If so Next tag, A pic taken from a lookout at altitude for bonus points :p
Kind of hard to get that around me.
Closest scenic outlook is probably 200+ miles away.
Unless you count a freeway overpass.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Bike is not comfortable enough for me for a 400 mile ride.
150 miles is about my limit (I know, I am a wimp).
My legs start to cramp up about the time I need to fill up (~ 100 miles) and after another 50 or so, I am about done.
I may be able to stretch 200 miles, but that only gets me there.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Cool. I went out last weekend looking for a caution sign or cattle ramp. Being in Texas I thought the cattle ramp would be a breeze. I saw lots of cattle, but no ramps. If they are like my uncle, those are usually around the backside of the barn or tractor shed. I also looked for caution signs, but the only ones of those I saw I generally passed at 60-65 mph. :frown2:

A dog park, I can do just as soon as I get off work if nobody else has gotten it by then.
I know of 2 cattle ramps off hand, one near where you ride, off 1093 between the Brazos River and Simonton.
Another is just west of Katy.

Dog park is easy, I have one in the City of Katy, and then the one in Goeorge Bush Park, but probably won't get to it.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Sorry to hear Cerberus.
We had to put ours down about a month ago. It is a hard thing to do, but the right thing.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I have not seen a wood water tank posted yet, so I think it is still the current tag...

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
... Just no luck, heavy work load and home projects on top of drinkable air (So humid and hot) I have mostly been only A-B rides, no pleasure rides.
I support your decision brother!
I am similar, just too dang hot to go out joy-riding. The past 3 weeks have only been to and from work.
I was even off work for a week on only rode twice, once to the bank and once to Walmart.

I know of 1 old station (not sure if it still has the pumps though) about an hour away, nothing else off hand that I know of.

I still think it is a good tag, some have been too easy lately.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I’ve been away for a while, so without going through tons of pages of stuff I hope this next tag hasn’t been called in a while. Next up, your bike and a golf course.
So like the actual course, or would the entrance (with the words "Golf Course" on it) work?

Not sure of any course around here that I could safely get a pic with the course itself in the background.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
If this is valid then the next tag is your bike next to a Guinness World Record item. Example given: Worlds largest "Cedar" rocking chair.
Hmm, I have one close by, just not sure when I can get to it.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
The longest car wash conveyor belt.
Buck-ee's in Katy, Texas (I could not get an inside picture :) )

For the next one, bike next to a public playground with at least 2 slides

Attachments

1 - 19 of 39 Posts