Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
474 Posts
Do you guys actively seek this stuff out or just happen upon it while riding about? I tend to drive the same roads so I don't see much. I also am not able to do day trips currently because of some stuff I got going on, but maybe in the future I will be able to.
One of the rules is you have to take the picture after the tag is called out. Can't be a saved picture. I'm terrible about not taking pictures on my rides, so I miss out on a lot of the tags. But it's still a fun thread to follow, and sooner or later I'll get one.

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
474 Posts

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
474 Posts
A couple of questions folks...

1) What's the current tag? Did @Beggar's post get accepted?

2) It's your guy's summer. Why aren't you out snagging these?
As far as I can tell, @Beggar nabbed the last one with the steam engine, and the target in now a pre-1960 pickup.

Which I haven't been able to get, despite having a very well known classic car cruise here in the area. I see a nice 57 Chevy pickup frequently on my commute, but it's not easy to grab a pic at 50 mph. 😁

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
474 Posts
Looks like I'll take one, finally! This is Old Orion High School, Lake Orion, MI. Opened in 1927, the area quickly outgrew it and it was left behind as a school in 1952; it has been in private ownership since 2001. It has been used for a few different things since then, but none of them lasted. As far as I know it has sat unused since the 1980s. Oddly, the city has it zoned as residential, so repurposing it has been very difficult. The latest plan as of 2019 was to convert it to apartments, but nothing has happened with it yet. I guess not completely abandoned, but certainly unused.

Wheel Tire Building Plant Window

If this is acceptable, the next challenge will be your bike with any repurposed government facility. A building, land area, etc. that was a government property but is now being used as something else. Another example besides this school in our area is an old Nike missile base that is now used as a public park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts