Honda Shadow Forums banner

5141 - 5160 of 5329 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hmmm. Palm tree on the sign. :lol: I guess it really wasn’t specified live, painted, blow-up, etc.

Got a few days of cool, damp, cloudy weather here. I think by Wednesday I should be back on the road. Then again, there is this whole “virus” thing.

Need to fill-up my truck soon, so I guess I’ll fill-up my gas cans as well so I don’t have to stop at a station to fill-up my bikes. Limit my exposure.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not as good as @Ranma . That was innovative thinking.
For the train, there are lots of real trains, murals, hobby shops, amusement parks, and if the going is tuff then a toy train set up off your premises with a kewl backdrop of course :p
If any of you live near a train mural, that would be nice. Here is a map of murals I've collected (scroll down to 'train') and I know there are many more.
I'm sure others can/will come up with something the rest of us haven't considered.
Here is one I used on another board for the same tag. It is a barber shop, but is train related.

Ride, Captain, Ride

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Bonus Photo:

While it may not be the Midnight Special, it’s running the same tracks in front of the Sugar Land prison as the Midnight Special.

John and Alan Lomax, in their book, Best Loved American Folk Songs, told a credible story identifying the Midnight Special as a train from Houston shining its light into a cell in the Sugar Land Prison. They also describe Ledbetter's version as "the Negro jailbird's ballad to match Hard Times Poor Boy. Like so many American folk songs, its hero is not a man but a train." The light of the train is seen as the light of salvation, the train which could take them away from the prison walls.
Wiki

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
A palm tree is a palm tree... lots of places only have them in pictures and paintings! I live in South Florida.... even by me, hardwoods and palms, so I was hoping for innovation! ( I took that one at the park near the antique car photo op. I shouldn’t have ridden anywhere with that blown fork seal... but damn, they were both within 2 miles)

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,860 Posts
Pretty cool trains. But where is Panda?

·
Registered
227 Posts
You see the C50 at the right edge of the photo? That is my brother. He gets really P.O.'d at me for taking so many pictures and stopping to see things. He wants to ride, stop for gas, pee, and take off again. Sometimes I get in a hurry and forget to get Panda out when on long trips. Sometimes on the long trips I just take Ying (baby panda). I've had several over the years. I started riding with Panda's in 1988.

I'm really sorry for those that can't get out now. Almost all the forums have little riding activity now. Some world travelers I follow on YT are stuck in distance lands too. Wishing you guys/gals some peace of mind during these times. I'm not getting out as much, mostly working around the house, cutting my grass, the neighbors grass, and the next neighbors. Love my riding mower.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,860 Posts
Your other picture thread of the Copper Frog in the sunshine had me envious of you being able to get on your bike.
Up here in Washington it is grey and rainy. And we are stuck at home.
But there are those, as you mentioned, with much more serious situations.
Hoping the best for all !

Reactions: Clampett

·
Registered
227 Posts
Grab:

Funny thing is, I took a photo at this same place to post as a tag later and had to go back today to grab the tag.
This is my old photo I took in January:

New tag is something historical:

·
Registered
227 Posts
No response from him, so I guess we still use the historic. Get 'er done ;)
Have to be creative to get 'em now. If you post a new one, I'll definitely have to go to the grocery!!!!

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Here is the cool bridge. Built in 1891 and was a railroad bridge. It is now a pedestrian bridge.

Photobucket can sucket.

Next tag: your bike and a large body of water. This is the Ohio River

5141 - 5160 of 5329 Posts