Honda Shadow Forums banner

5341 - 5360 of 5377 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I have gone around up and down the coast about 75 miles in either direction, no dice. The only floatplane service around is closed until fall and apparently he takes all his planes back north with him. I’m out on this one.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have gone around up and down the coast about 75 miles in either direction, no dice. The only floatplane service around is closed until fall and apparently he takes all his planes back north with him. I’m out on this one.
I am out. But a stretch for your area might be one of those boats pulling a parasail. That would be motorized flight with landings on water IF you could catch a photo of one with your bike.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
64 Posts
Alright I also took this pic that day, so how about any aircraft or even a hanger will do!

·
Registered
5,871 Posts

Here’s a few planes and a couple old hangers from an old WWII air base that is now a local airport.

Next up, a military monument or memorial.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
64 Posts
where is that? Looks like the Maginot line!
Its on the Parks Highway right across the street from Denali (Mt McKinley), which puts it about 140 miles north of Anchorage. There was an operational gas station there and years ago the igloo was built as a hotel, unfortunately they were never able to get it up to safety codes and therefore it never operated as onel. They gave some tours of it for a bit and then it just became a strange ole landmark 😀

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Bump: I’ll take a rundown boat, an old outboard motor in a corner, a marina sign, or a seafood joint... just about anything water related

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Bump: I’ll take a rundown boat, an old outboard motor in a corner, a marina sign, or a seafood joint... just about anything water related
I could meet that criteria without leaving my lot.

I was given a Sea Pro boat and told the “only” things wrong with it were the trim-motor and bilge-pump. I went to move it the other day thinking I’d pressure-wash it and get it ready for some maintenance. Well, I moved it out into the sun and the right trailer leaf spring broke. Then it broke on the other end of that leaf spring after a few days, so the right side basically wasn’t connected to the axle. Well, I’m into it for new wheels, tires, leaf springs, bearings, winch, and a couple other items, and that is all before I can move the boat to see if the motor is any good.

Unfortunately, my bike riding time has been reduced because of other projects, so I don’t get out as much. If I do, I have a couple of ideas for your tag.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
203 Posts
Not a grab, ok maybe a water-related one. Doesn't matter. -- it's a glorious 75 degree sunny day, I rode my favorite route, and stopped to get a pic of Bubbles by the lake. The road circumnavigating Henry Hagg lake in Oregon is about 11 miles long and is the smoothest pavement I've personally ever ridden, like it was pressed by the steam iron of God, and is nothing but big beautiful sexy curves that inspire motowood. I run 3-4 laps around it, with the goal of making each lap a little slower than the one before so I don't fall into the speed racer trap and die. If ever in the area, I highly recommend riding the Hagg, you'll love it.

5341 - 5360 of 5377 Posts