Honda Shadow Forums banner
5541 - 5560 of 5590 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,737 Posts
Got out for a ride to go by West Chester Cycles to pick up some parts. Continued on to get some pics. Got these two pics of "parts" stores.
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Apliance parts and auto parts all in one stop.
If that's good, your bike with an old railroad tressle.
Cloud Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Good they netted this one. Chunks have been cought that might have landed on an unsuspecting driver.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,087 Posts
View attachment 299357

This is now rails to trails but it used to carry a lot of cement and other material up and down the valley.

If this is a good one the next one I want to see is an old steam locomotive wood fired or coal fired.

Extra points if it's more than a hundred years old. extra extra points if it's still operational
Good one. To bad the weather is not conducive to a ride to TVRM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: punxsybob

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,087 Posts
It would be fun to visit but Chattanooga all the way from Northwest Washington might be a bit of a commitment.
That would be a definite love of trains and bikes. It’s about 100 miles for me and I have not been there in over ten years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,737 Posts
Couldn't get my bike near a steam locomotive that was still operating , might have gotten in trouble getting it in to the museum. I got one out back that still needs to be restored.
Sky Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Fence Mesh Wire fencing Wall

These are waiting to be restored at the Railroad museum of PA In Strasburg, PA. It's across from the Strasburg railroad. Got a bonus pic of Thomas the train, keeping a watchful eye on his ancestors.
Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Zoom in to the blue dot.
If these are good, next one is easy. Your bike near a babbling Brook/small stream out in the country.
Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree Road surface

Water Plant Water resources Natural landscape Tree

Plant Sky Natural landscape Fence Branch

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,737 Posts
Let's keep this going.
Grab...my bike with the Pennsylvania State line welcome sign.
Sky Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle

Coming in from Delaware.
Tag...your bike at a tunnel road.
Wheel Plant Tire Road surface Vehicle

Reactions: Bdilz99

·
Registered
97 Posts
This thread is a good idea! Some awesome pics on here. Grew up in western PA. Hard not to be a railfan growing up there. Didn't get a chance to see Strasburg museum mentioned above but been to Horseshoe Curve and at one point lived right up the road from the old PL&E Dickerson Run rail yard. The roundhouse and most of what was left is gone and the rail to trail runs past where it once was..... It is now a sewage treatment plant maybe? Remember thinking that the the roundhouse had the year 1912 on it.

Tag...your bike next to an old gas station...

·
Registered
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
26 Posts
Just watched first episode of Sons of Anarchy. Good TV!!
That is my absolute favorite TV show of all time! I watched it when it was on TV couldn't wait till it was "sons" day each week. Now I own all the seasons and still watch them all the time, for me it doesn't get any better than Sons! Enjoy my friend if your anything like me you will laugh, cry, rage, feel pumped up during the amazing series. I remember watching it and I won't spill the beans but there was a moment in the show fairly early on when I was left with my jaw hanging open and swore I was done watching the show, but the following week there I was and I am so glad I continued to watch.

5541 - 5560 of 5590 Posts