Honda Shadow Forums banner
5621 - 5640 of 5684 Posts

· Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
537 Posts
Looks like I'll take one, finally! This is Old Orion High School, Lake Orion, MI. Opened in 1927, the area quickly outgrew it and it was left behind as a school in 1952; it has been in private ownership since 2001. It has been used for a few different things since then, but none of them lasted. As far as I know it has sat unused since the 1980s. Oddly, the city has it zoned as residential, so repurposing it has been very difficult. The latest plan as of 2019 was to convert it to apartments, but nothing has happened with it yet. I guess not completely abandoned, but certainly unused.

Wheel Tire Building Plant Window

If this is acceptable, the next challenge will be your bike with any repurposed government facility. A building, land area, etc. that was a government property but is now being used as something else. Another example besides this school in our area is an old Nike missile base that is now used as a public park.

· Registered
1996 Honda Shadow VT1100-C2
133 Posts
Stanman13, a repurposed and currently vacant "for lease" building awaiting new tenants is not what I was asking for.

"abandoned and falling-apart building" means broken windows, graffiti, roof falling-in in spots, siding rotting off of the house, many boards missing from the sides of the barn. Grass and weeds growing right through the middle of the driveway or parking lots of a business....

People from Detroit know what I'm talking about. <wink>.
(But my hometown of Buffalo, New York has the same overabundance of truly abandoned buildings-- ones that are certainly going to be demolished whenever the city or the county sends over a crew with an excavator and a crane with a wrecking ball.)

· Registered
1,589 Posts
As far as I can tell, @Beggar nabbed the last one with the steam engine, and the target in now a pre-1960 pickup.

Which I haven't been able to get, despite having a very well known classic car cruise here in the area. I see a nice 57 Chevy pickup frequently on my commute, but it's not easy to grab a pic at 50 mph. 😁
Here’s my old ’57 GMC I used to own. Didn’t own a bike back then. Just some eye candy for those who like old trucks. I took the photos at Stone’s River National Battlefield somewhere around ’82-’85.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Car Plant Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

· Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
2,100 Posts
Let's get this going again...
Plant Bicycle handlebar Tree Automotive tire Motorcycle

Been riding by this old restaurant for 7 years, watching it slowly decay. Slowly getting ready to fall in on itself. It finally did. If good, the next TAG will be your bike with a LARGE inflatable character being used for some kind of advertisement. Here's one for a local SCUBA shop.
Sky Automotive lighting Automotive tire Infrastructure Motor vehicle

Have fun and "get out there and ride".

5621 - 5640 of 5684 Posts