Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been married for 26+ years. It is absolutely amazing how Connie can still take my breath away when I look at her, and how she can surprise me with her generosity.
Yesterday after I got home from work, she told me to get into the truck and we were going out. She drove, which was surprising, in itself. As we droned along, I kept thinking of destinations SHE wanted to go to; Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Lowes, Sam's Club..... Nope! She pulls into the local mall and outside of Sears. We go inside their side entrance that leads directly to their tool dept. In the middle of the tools, a salesman spots her and quips "Ah, welcome back Ma'am!" Now I'm in "WTF?" mode. Connie strides up to one particular aisle, stops, and says "Choose something here."
It was the tool chest aisle. I now have a brand new, Craftsman roller bearing equipped set of tool chests to hold all my tools! I even managed to slip in some SAE "inch" wrenches into the deal.

In the 70's there was a commercial that had a jingle that went; "My wife....I think I'll keep her."

I think I shall.....

Radar

· Banned
4,110 Posts

· Registered
949 Posts
I figure the depreciation is pretty bad on my model..but I need to trade up. Can ya'll tell me where I can trade in my selfish, jealous, inconsiderate wife for a good one?

I can trade in a 1972 Shrew280+ what is the going bluebook value on those...anybody?

· Registered
622 Posts
Hey Radar,

Can I swap wifes for a day so she can help pick out the color on a new Goldwing? *he he he* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce

· Registered
4,689 Posts
That's Great! She makes good cookies too! :wink:

Merry got me the roll-around Craftsman tool chest for Christmas quite a few years ago........a wife that rides motorcycles and buys really nice tool boxes for you is not easy to find......

· Registered
7,345 Posts
shrek said:
I figure the depreciation is pretty bad on my model..but I need to trade up. Can ya'll tell me where I can trade in my selfish, jealous, inconsiderate wife for a good one?

I can trade in a 1972 Shrew280+ what is the going bluebook value on those...anybody?
They aren't worth anything, you just have to scrap them. :lol:

· Registered
10,153 Posts
I have one of them too. When I read about the stereotypical nagging wife who holds the purse strings or spends wildly, or requires permission to buy something, I have to look to the heavens and thank God for mine. And do. Often.

You are one of the lucky few.

· Registered
749 Posts
Dang Radar! I've been single now for 20 some years but a woman like that could make me re-think my commitment to remain a bachelor. You oughta hug that gal every time you get near her.

· Registered
542 Posts
A lucky man you are , Radar!
I've been down both roads & I like the good wife road MUCH better!
After a 10 year failure married to a miserable shrew I now have a really good woman 2nd time around. Working on 19 years this go-round.
She has become my best friend, mother of my son, AND my best riding partner! I too feel very lucky.
[/img]

· Registered
1,541 Posts
Radar said:
It is absolutely amazing how Connie can still take my breath away when I look at her.
I'm going to guess there are few things a man can say about his wife of 26 years that a woman appreciates more than this. If she saw your post without you having shown it to her ... well, then you've banked about a million brownie points.

They have a shelf life, though ... spend 'em. Fast! :)

In all sincerity, it's just wonderful to read of a couple that has a relationship this good. Good for you, good for her, good for the two of you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.