Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious, How many "paid" days off for the Holidays does your employer give you? The company I work for, for the last 8 years, has given us from the Dec 24th right through to the Jan 1st, "All paid", and back to work on Jan 2nd. You know, I have accepted this as the norm! But is it? What do you get?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Paid days off??! What's that? People really get those? If I ain't at work, I ain't gettin paid.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have asked this question were I work, (Why so many paid days off) And the answer I get is, (Happy employees constitute productivity) makes sense to me! It must work for the company, cause Its 8 years and counting. I feel bad for the folks that don't get that time with family.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Im off everyday as Im Retired. But I am looking for a part time job. :p

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Depending on the business/industry, having Christmas week off really is not very common, but not unheard of.

I get 24-25 and Jan1. I'm taking the 23rd to make it a 5 day 'week end' to end the year.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm in retail, I had to beg to use my PTO to take off the day before and after Christmas so I can drive home for Christmas

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm in e-commerce so the holiday season is really, really important. We get Christmas Day and New Years day only. Maybe they'll let out at 1PM on Christmas and New Years eves.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Our company is a 24/7 operation so we get half day 24th, all of 25th & 26th off (26th is Boxing Day in Canada, stat holiday), half day 31st and all of Jan 1st.

However, it's not busy so in my dept. we split the days in between Christmas & NYE. 2 come in for half the time and another 2 the other half.

Except for me since I took the full 2 weeks off this year, but they count as my vacation days.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,624 Posts
Lets see, I live in the USA (Under Servitude Always), the norm is XMas eve and XMas, NY eve and NY day. Got 2 days vacation for each Monday so I only work the 26th & the 27th.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: We're only closed on Christmas and New Years day. But...I don't take any vacation time over the holidays cause...everyone else does. Hell...2/3's of the people who work here take off so...it's the best time to be at work! Everyone is gone! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I'm salaried so I get paid regardless if I'm there or not.

·
Premium Member
7,220 Posts
And you get this every year? WOW! And I thought I had it good.
This is typically the way it goes it usually at least 14 days. Depends on when christmas lands in the week. This is one factor I'd imagine is the reason the company I work for is #49 for the best small/medium employers in Canada. I can't complain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts