Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sort of... It's pouring down rain here in Indy, washing all that friggin' salt off the roads. I need to get the bike out and at least get it fully warmed up so I can change the oil & filter before winter really sets in.

Accuweather is predicting a warm up and 68* on December 2nd. If Mother Nature doesn't do anything stupid between now and then I'm golden!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I want to get rid of the popping on decel for sure. I WANT new pipes but have not convinced myself that I NEED new pipes. I might be ok with just adjusting the A/F adjustment. Won't know for sure until next spring now since its stored in the shed now til spring. IF I get pipes then I'll want to pull the carb and rejet as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to get rid of the popping on decel for sure. I WANT new pipes but have not convinced myself that I NEED new pipes. I might be ok with just adjusting the A/F adjustment. Won't know for sure until next spring now since its stored in the shed now til spring. IF I get pipes then I'll want to pull the carb and rejet as well.

The carb will have to be pulled just to adjust the mixture screw as it is capped. This is why I replaced the screw with the adjustment knob when I had my carb off.

Either way you decide to go, I'm happy to help out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I think the "cap" is already been removed from mine which tell me someone else worked on the carb before. I got a camera under my carb a while back to look for this and I thought I could see the "D" shaped screw. I think is was OLD DAD on here that told me he used a .22 caliper shell and was able to fit it on a flexible shaft and adjust the screw with the carb still on the bike. I'm guessing it only needs to be moved 1/4 turn or so. That is going to be the first thing I want to try.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have several different sizes of d shaped screw drivers from my lawn mower mechanic days.let me know when and I'll bring them.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DAYUM... we've received slightly over 1.5" of rain since noon and it ain't done yet.

That should have washed the salt away so, as soon as the roads are dry I'm out riding so I can get the oil changed. Don't care how cold it might be.:mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts